C4 Forums | Control4

Web Browser?

ILoveC4

I'm no developer so I'm genuinely curious on this. Would it be possible to make a web browser and publish in the 4store?

It would be a nice addition to my touch panels.

To render HTML you need Flex. I don't this this is possible with Flash Lite at this point in time. I'll check it out for you though.

Not possible to make an even moderately-featured web browser as a 4Store app, unfortunately.

You can certainly make some *sort* of browser-like app, but having it execute javascript, interpret CSS stylesheets, even advanced HTML would be nearly impossible.

RyanE

The Flash SDK should be free and no yearly charges. These are the biggest problems I see with 4store. Until this changes I think participation will be limited. Maybe Control4 doesn't care as long as they have one or two talented developers.

Side note, does anybody know how to delete an app?

Go to more - 4store - manage. There you'll see some checkboxes showing which pages the apps will be visible on. If you want an app removed from that navigator device, just uncheck all the boxes.

I havent seen a way to delete the app completely from your 4store account yet through the website.

Archived