C4 Forums | Control4

Can somebody explain me this and give me his input???

yi0rgos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok thinslis :)' date='

really I don't have bad feelings...I am guy that doesn't hold a bite...as far as the implementation...I am getting there since I do a lot of reading...

I am constantly redesigning the whole concept....since I am reading peoples opinion all the time...and I am due for training and certification

I know that my design's backbone is really good when it comes to wifi, audio/video, and lighting which is fully supported via control 4. So the only thing that is left is

1. HC 1000

2. a few hc 200c

3. buffalo terastation

4. net gear media player

5. and lot of programming

what I was supposed to do?? reject the job because I never installed a control 4??? I thought that worst case scenario I could pay somebody...this job is 90% of what I do on a daily basis. Just remember that you cannot become somebody unless you take your chances. In no way the customer will not have a perfect result as he was promised[/quote']

Good call wappinghigh...on the Russian part. I'd bet you're right after reading this.

I love taking with Russian people. This morning I was told (by my Russian friend) "I drive bike all way to point of mountain. At point of mountain bike break...know I do what? I'm calling, calling, nobody answer phone." I love it. I don't think I've ever heard a Russian say "the". Why is that?

Funny stuff man! Greek here to and now I understand what this thread is all about.

Look George. I was out of this thread, but I'm reposting because I don't think you have got the hint. What he is implying (as we have before), is nobody is going to help you any further, because your intentions may not be really suitable for this forum. I don't think you get it. This is a forum for users who either have a problem with their set up, want some pre-purchase advice(see the post just above by the guy with all those B&W speakers) or want to suggests or post some links about how C4 can be improved or work with something else in a better way.

This is not a forum for 'would be' dealers sniffing about trying to get some clues about how they might set up a system without going through the proper Control4 dealer training and certification channels. Now if a couple of 'users' as apposed to 'dealers' on this forum are giving you these hints, then I think you need to understand your not going to get any more help here.

That's what he is on about. Nothing more.

So either state your intentions, or assume further help will be limited..

Now go about things the proper way George!

PS. I can't believe I'm actually saying this! I'm not even a C4 employee or Dealer for goodness sake!

Lol this is rich.

What they are saying in control4 has a nice little gig set up for the dealers. Whether u are capable or not you cannot have documentation and design guides unless you come to ther little class an join the gang. Might as well move on and find another product or find a dealer who is willing to work with you on more reasonable terms. They are out there.

Yes, it *is* a nice little gig setup for dealers. As Control4 only sells through dealers, Control4 only supports dealers.

Capability has nothing to do with it. If you have the capability and want to program your system, you can use ComposerHE. You can't *install* with HE, but you certainly can extend the functionality of your system and add all the programming to your heart's content.

Control4 has chosen their business model. It's a business, not a democracy, and you can't vote on Control4 changing their business model, no matter what people think on this list.

Actually, you probably *could* vote on it, just it's not a binding vote. :)

RyanE

Look mate. (Til..) The software is complicated. And the company has intellectual property to protect. And as we are constantly being told it's a dealer installed setup. And dealers I assume need training. There is forum specifically for them. I don't want to be the policeman here. Heck. Nobody else seemed to want to explain to the guy. I dont make the friggen rules on how they run their company, and I am definitely not a 100% happy customer with the way they run things. But what can I/we do?

The point is the guy wasn't getting the message. Maybe there is a language barrier here, but the impression I had was he is seeking to instal gear without really knowing what to do. And this is not going to be a great result for the darn customer on the end of it all. That's what I care about actually. The end result for the user.

Yes, it *is* a nice little gig setup for dealers. As Control4 only sells through dealers, Control4 only supports dealers.

Capability has nothing to do with it. If you have the capability and want to program your system, you can use ComposerHE. You can't *install* with HE, but you certainly can extend the functionality of your system and add all the programming to your heart's content.

Control4 has chosen their business model. It's a business, not a democracy, and you can't vote on Control4 changing their business model, no matter what people think on this list.

Actually, you probably *could* vote on it, just it's not a binding vote. :)

RyanE

So we agree. I didn't suggest that we vote on them changing their business model.

I love teh internetz.

WOW, I need to jump in here. I am looking at Control4 for a possible whole home automation project. After seeing what went on in this post, is making me think twice now about getting in bed with this product. A guy is asking a question and most of you rip him a new one. Ive been on a lot of forums, I cant stand people who reply to a question and not say any thing help full to the topic. A few of you frankly were being really DICKS to this guy looking for help. WOW, some people just need to stay off the computer....

The whole point of Dealer training and support is to keep Control4 systems functioning well.

I'm not saying that this has always been the case as there have been new dealers who have bitten off more than they can chew and have made the product look bad.

to all the users out there, If you owned a ferrari or Masserati, Would you change the oil and spark plugs on it yourself? or would you take it to a Qualified mechanic who was certified and insured to do so?

Control4 and the dealers are not out to create a little boys club, We honestly believe that it's always in the client's best interest to use an Experienced and Qualified and certified integrator. I have been in this industry for 15 years and I've seen my fair share of Horror stories.

It's not hard to get certified.

In regards to George's questions,

I have personally offered to help and answer any questions he has. I really think he is on the right track and will do well on this project.

Control4 is a great product and in most cases the staff and distributors are free of any arrogance and love to help.

I think the problem is that every one has an opinion on how this should work, and every one is in titled to their opinion. This is not a place for those opinions. If you don't agree with what is being asked or how its being asked, just don't reply then.

WOW, I need to jump in here. I am looking at Control4 for a possible whole home automation project. After seeing what went on in this post, is making me think twice now about getting in bed with this product. A guy is asking a question and most of you rip him a new one. Ive been on a lot of forums, I cant stand people who reply to a question and not say any thing help full to the topic. A few of you frankly were being really DICKS to this guy looking for help. WOW, some people just need to stay off the computer....

My appologies to the OP and yourself if you feel this way.

I never have the intention to put anybody off this product.

Go look at previous posts if you like.

But some background here.

Alot of people jump on this forum wanting to do self installs without a registered copy of Composer

He can't actualy instal the gear for his customer without this.

If he intended to get one before learning what to do, (by visiting York) then clearly the customer would have been in strife, as the OP shows very little knowledge of the product.

Control4 is a great product. You'll love it. But if you think you'll get anywhere with installing it by DIY, then my advice is it ain't for you..... Trust me on that one!

hahahha...I guess I must be talkibg Greek...I never hided my intentions...everything was on the table since my post # 1...It was a simple ask question that was escalate from people that could of easily told me the purpose of this forum....instead of trying to judge things

What am I supposed to do??? Stop asking and reading because I am scheduled for a January training course with Control 4???

Or should'of I turned the job down because I knew 80-90% of the job, and had to get trained to complette the other 10 to 20%...

Repeatedly I said "If worst come to worst", I will pay somebody to program....but NOOOO, people thought that it was not ethical for me even to experiment; they made it sound that everybody on this forum was 200% perfect before did anything.

With a reputation of 30 years and completion of super large projects, it means that our customer service and knowledge is good. But No, people were sure that I was going to screw a customer.

It was a simple ask question, and as simple nobody had to answer

Thanks guys

Sorry George. (Mr Yiorgos) I never meant any harm. Good luck with the new Control4 dealership and the course.

I think it's best if someone else..perhaps a dealer with more knowledge of dealer training etc, helps you out from here.

Someone like Mr Nikols perhaps ;)... All the best for the future. :)

Archived