C4 Forums | Control4

Can somebody explain me this and give me his input???

yi0rgos

Guys,

I really don't understand the problem....No I don't have a chance to land a high end install; We got awarded the job....and actually is a small job for us considring that our main clients are hotels. So high end mansion installs are not that big for us unless they can compete the hotel magnitute.

we got awarded the following that we have been doing for the past 30 years:

1. CCTV

2.MATV (Master Antenna TV)

3. Fire Alarm

4.Audio/Video Distribution

5. Lighting Automation

The only thing that is missing is the system to marry the audio/video/lighting....it's not rocket sciense guys...How hard will it be to pay somebody to program the system if worst come to worst???

Thanks

p.s Customer has no idea of Control 4, we are intoducing it to him. Obviously the mansion owner is happy with the services and customer support that we provide to his 2 hotels

Customer's with mansion's, Villa's and hotels. They are unlikely to be in England..

Training in York? You must be flying in for that..

Good knowledge of CIS cbus

No offense, but my guess is you are Russian, or maybe Greek. Am I right? :cool:

Look I'm just a low end C4 customer. But a bit of "forum" advice. You are going to get nowhere if you don't come clean with your intentions.

The guys on this forum are pretty switched on, and comments like "we are introducing a customer to Control4" (Yet you have done no certified dealer training as yet)

...well, lets just say they will set off the warning bells ;)

I'll leave it at that, but lets hope the guys in York can help you out and get Control4 into a new market. Russia, Greece (or wherever you are) Good luck with it all...

Now I'm outa of this one :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one here said you don't know AV distribution, lighting, etc.

However, if you don't know *Control4*, and your first job with it is a large system, you are asking for problems. Even if you have installed other systems in hotels.

You would not regret bringing in a C4 expert on the project....but do it *now*. Don't try to design the C4 system with no prior knowledge or experience with it, and expect them to work magic. Work with them to design the system and you will have a much smoother install.

Controlfouruserguy,

I am not in the mood to esclade the discussion; it's already 1 am here...all I asked was for somebody to tell me what he thought of my proposed order...

When people start to talk with out knowing somebody's background is were I become bitter...I was from the beginning polite and didn't ask for drivers since I know from were to purchase them....

all I was asking was an opinion

Hi George,

Your on the right track. We have been working with Control4 since 2006 and have worked on numerous projects at this size.

The HC1000 will do the trick as Director.

I would consider using a HC200 for each TV point for onscreen display. It's best not to share GUI's.

We are a Clipsal CBus dealer and have integrated the 2 products many times over.

If you need any advice or assistance on the project feel free to get in touch. We also work with control4 in Hotels so we can help each other out with these projects.

George Nikols

Director - Business Development

Suite Control

mob: +61 (0)404 314 860

ph: +61 1300 921 955

Fax: +61 1300 138 880

email: george@suitecontrol.com.au

mail: Po Box 7225, Alexandria, 2015,NSW, Australia

Office: 39 Emanuel Lane ,Rosebery

2018, NSW, Australia,

Web: www.suitecontrol.com.au

Thanks Georgenikols,

anything that you think that I can help please ask me....when in comes to hotels we have an extensive knowledge to what I posted on post 21 plus networking, and especially wifi deployment.

We are dealers of leaf audio, Wisi Germany, Optimus Spain, and soon Control 4.

Also codeman thank you for your answer before interogating me...

Also thinslis,

after a degree in electronics engineering, couple of certifications, and couple of decades of work in the industry, and not a month, in a small mom's and pop's shop; I still learn every day that I go to work...

Some guys here can get poisoned by bitting the tongue.

Lets disect your post shall we?

"after a degree in eletronics engineering".... Comment made to make yourself look super smart

"couple of certifications"... Further comment to reinforce "super smartness"

"couple decades of work in the industry"... "holy crapy all bow down to me"

My time spent in that mom and pop shop taught me more about troubleshooting computer issues then any BS (Bull Shit) Computer Science degree ever would have. So much so that I almost got expelled from school for asking my computer professors questions they didn't know answers to. So don't presume to discredit hands on knowledge for some book degree. Furthermore certifications are great for the resume or to land jobs but unless you actually know what you are doing spotting a fake becomes pretty easy... like one that runs for the phone for support or posts on forums the second the company email servers fail and the CEO calls wondering why his blackberry isn't sending email.

I've been put on flights from coast to coast and even international at times being told, "it needs to be running by 8am" and I've delivered... so please... with all due respect... take your EE degree and go write a paper....

Unfortunately C4 is not like computers, you can't just learn it on the fly and you can't just install it on the fly. If you want to BE a dealer and you want to SELL a product, you might want to go thought the REQUIRED training first and get AUTHORIZED as someone said.

thinslis,

first of all you must be young of age, hense immature...I guess what ever I learned from the bull shit paper brings me a lot of big jobs and doesn't have me to run from the one corner of the country to the other to make a weekly check...I must be doing something right...Unfortunetly without the bull shit papers ...not a lot of companies will take you seriously beyond a point

thinslis,

first of all you must be young of age, hense immature...I guess what ever I learned from the bull shit paper brings me a lot of big jobs and doesn't have me to run from the one corner of the country to the other to make a weekly check...I must be doing something right...

Young of age... yea... I guess.... Just hitting my 30s.... However don't read into "have to run from the corner of the country to the other to make a weekly check"... I was sent to these sites to resolve issues that others could not. I was sent to these sites to implement infrastructure that others couldn't. I was sent to St. Louis on a Saturday morning after a coworker couldn't remotely resolve and issue after four days, I was sent to New Jersey after a coworker couldn't resolve an issue after three days. Both times working over 30 hours straight to resolve the issue and restore data. I was sent to Monterrey Mexico and Tokyo Japan to bring on new manufacturing facilities because I was the best at what I do, some would say that makes me an Expert. I don't bring in a weekly check, I earn a salary... I don't ask... "how does this enterprise domain setup look? how does this Exchange server configuration look? How does this file server structure look?.... I know the answers to these questions... I've been around the block.... I must be doing something right... How is your C4 implementation going?....

I agree with Thinslis!

There is no substitiute for training and mostly experience.

I have worked with other brands over the years and one of the reasons I love C4 is the fact that most the great dealers are always willing to help. they are always responding to emails and sharing their experiences.

I only wish AMX or crestron dealers did this.

having an International Dealer base of more than 1900 C4 Integrators is a very valuable tool. the Control4 dealer forums are amazing, and the Control4 tech documents are a huge help and save time when troubleshooting minor problems.

George Nikols

Suite Control

2018, NSW, Australia,

Thanks, Controlfouruserguy

Guys, Guys, Guys.

Let us just all cool down shall we. It was a simple "ask for input" post. Why are we on a defensive/offensive case. Let's keep the post helpful. I do not see the need to attack anybody's character C4 Dealer or not.

The more C4 users there is the better for the product and hopefully the end-users.

This forum used to be a friendly forum

I agree with Thinslis!

There is no substitiute for training and mostly experience.

I have worked with other brands over the years and one of the reasons I love C4 is the fact that most the great dealers are always willing to help. they are always responding to emails and sharing their experiences.

I only wish AMX or crestron dealers did this.

having an International Dealer base of more than 1900 C4 Integrators is a very valuable tool. the Control4 dealer forums are amazing, and the Control4 tech documents are a huge help and save time when troubleshooting minor problems.

George Nikols

Suite Control

2018, NSW, Australia,

I have no idea what the situation is with AMX info-distribution. I do know that I have zero-probems and no need to phone the installer since installation of four systems. Regarding Control4 tech docs, I have no knowedge of these as I am an end-user. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to spend close to $100K on a system and not have even a Gold dealer able to solve issues. Disclaimer: my dealer is a great guy and smart too.

Thanks, Controlfouruserguy

Guys, Guys, Guys.

Let us just all cool down shall we. It was a simple "ask for input" post. Why are we on a defensive/offensive case. Let's keep the post helpful. I do not see the need to attack anybody's character C4 Dealer or not.

The more C4 users there is the better for the product and hopefully the end-users.

This forum used to be a friendly forum

I agree, users are good for us. Letran, this guy is not a "user", he's some intregrator looking to utilize the C4 product. All anyone has offered him is professional services from an authorized Control4 outfit. He got it. So are we done here?

ok thinslis :),

really I don't have bad feelings...I am guy that doesn't hold a bite...as far as the implementation...I am getting there since I do a lot of reading...

I am constantly redesigning the whole concept....since I am reading peoples opinion all the time...and I am due for training and certification

I know that my design's backbone is really good when it comes to wifi, audio/video, and lighting which is fully supported via control 4. So the only thing that is left is

1. HC 1000

2. a few hc 200c

3. buffalo terastation

4. net gear media player

5. and lot of programming

what I was supposed to do?? reject the job because I never installed a control 4??? I thought that worst case scenario I could pay somebody...this job is 90% of what I do on a daily basis. Just remember that you cannot become somebody unless you take your chances. In no way the customer will not have a perfect result as he was promised

I'm kind of new to the forums here so help me understand. I would assume that all or most users have a dealer that installed the product for them.

are there Control4 users here that installed their own systems?

If so, what is the expextation from Control4 certified integrators that are also on these forums?

George, I'm all for new dealers joining the Control4 network.

You certainly seem to have the industy knowledge to perform a project like this.

although, Control4 is quite unique and I would enlist the help of an experienced C4 integrator for the first 2-3 large projects.

You will save yourself a whole lot of time and learn from their experiences.

In the past I have seen new dealers take on more than they can chew with Control4, and all it does is makes the user lose faith in a Product that has the ability to be fantastic.

Yiorgos (to not mix us up)

I'm sure it will all go well. Jamie Hawkins and his team from Control4 UK are very smart and will certainly be able to help out.

If there are any end users who have major issues and their dealers can't sort them out (not that it's the dealers fault), Contact Control4 directly and let them know.

I can tell you that the last thing Control4 wants, is a discruntled end user.

ok thinslis :),

really I don't have bad feelings...I am guy that doesn't hold a bite...as far as the implementation...I am getting there since I do a lot of reading...

I am constantly redesigning the whole concept....since I am reading peoples opinion all the time...and I am due for training and certification

I know that my design's backbone is really good when it comes to wifi, audio/video, and lighting which is fully supported via control 4. So the only thing that is left is

1. HC 1000

2. a few hc 200c

3. buffalo terastation

4. net gear media player

5. and lot of programming

what I was supposed to do?? reject the job because I never installed a control 4??? I thought that worst case scenario I could pay somebody...this job is 90% of what I do on a daily basis. Just remember that you cannot become somebody unless you take your chances. In no way the customer will not have a perfect result as he was promised

Good call wappinghigh...on the Russian part. I'd bet you're right after reading this.

I love taking with Russian people. This morning I was told (by my Russian friend) "I drive bike all way to point of mountain. At point of mountain bike break...know I do what? I'm calling, calling, nobody answer phone." I love it. I don't think I've ever heard a Russian say "the". Why is that?

Archived