C4 Forums | Control4

NAD's HC200 card

thecodeman

http://www.hometoys.com/news_detail.php?id=14738779

CM 200 Control4® Director Series Module

The CM 200 Control4 Module embeds the Control4 Operating System into MDC-equipped A/V receivers, enabling each component to function as the core of a Control4® smart home, controlling not only A/V functions but lighting, climate control, security systems and much more. Control4 is a leader in automation technology and the CM 200 is the first product to add Control4 home automation to the MDC feature list.

The module seamlessly integrates Control4 technology into an MDC-equipped receiver, enabling it to function as a home controller. This lets other consumer electronics and systems in the home work together, enhancing the operation of such applications as Home Theaters, multi-room music, smart lighting, temperature control, and security.

The CM 200 module overlays Control4’s 720p Flash User Interface on active video up to 1080p in resolution, lets Control4 commands run without interrupting programs, adds Home Theater operational software, and includes three HDMI 1.4a inputs, four RS-232/IR outputs, an Ethernet port, a USB port and a ZigBee antenna. It also works together with NAD’s new VM 150 Module, and allows Control4 dealers and installers to purchase whole house software.

The new MDC modules will be available in the First Quarter 2011 at suggested prices still to be determined. The modules can be seen with other outstanding NAD products at the Venetian Hotel, Suite 30-129, during CES.

A Control4 related product with 4 HDMI ports? Is this a good sign? I think so...

"The CM 200 module overlays Control4’s 720p Flash User Interface on active video up to 1080p in resolution, lets Control4 commands run without interrupting programs, adds Home Theater operational software, and includes three HDMI 1.4a inputs, four RS-232/IR outputs, an Ethernet port, a USB port and a ZigBee antenna. It also works together with NAD’s new VM 150 Module, and allows Control4 dealers and installers to purchase whole house software."

Just for clarification, in this particular case, the receiver is doing the HDMI functionality (i.e. the outputs are *receiver* HDMI outputs, not controller HDMI outputs), the on-screen is still the same 720p component, but it's handled internally by the receiver.

RyanE

• 3 months later...

Hi again everyone.

I'm in the market to replace on older NAD receiver in a room that doesn't have a C4 controller

I'm a big fan of NAD receivers

Does this CM200 "card" basically replace the function of say a HC200 or HC300?

In other words if I upgrade my NAD to one that can take this card, I don't have to add an HC200 into that room. Is this correct?

Is that the basic idea of this card?

What are they likely to cost?

Also I notice it adds an ethernet port. Is this for C4's use, or firmware upgrades of the NAD? Does the IP address appear as another C4 controller once the NAD is connected to my network, or will it have 2 IP's (Another separate one for the NAD) What's the "Home theatre operational software" and what is the USB port for?

Thanks

Just for clarification, in this particular case, the receiver is doing the HDMI functionality (i.e. the outputs are *receiver* HDMI outputs, not controller HDMI outputs), the on-screen is still the same 720p component, but it's handled internally by the receiver.

RyanE

when you say handled internally by receiver you are talking about the receiver up converting the Control 4 GUI to HDMI by the receiver? so the receiver outputs the C4 interface via HDMI but is just up-converting it?

Just for clarification' date=' in this particular case, the receiver is doing the HDMI functionality (i.e. the outputs are *receiver* HDMI outputs, not controller HDMI outputs), the on-screen is still the same 720p component, but it's handled internally by the receiver.

RyanE[/quote']

when you say handled internally by receiver you are talking about the receiver up converting the Control 4 GUI to HDMI by the receiver? so the receiver outputs the C4 interface via HDMI but is just up-converting it?

Yes, like other receivers with HDMI upconversion of analog sources.

Archived