C4 Forums | Control4

My Upgrade to 2.0

tebery

An early Christmas present for myself, got 4 7" White TS's yesterday. Very slick looking, smaller than I was expecting also, glad I didn't wait and get the 5" versions.

Actually looking forward to my upgrade to 2.0 now!

Scheduled for January 10th, will post status updates and my take on 2.0.

• 3 weeks later...

I started installing my Infinity Edge TS's today. My dealer is going to start the upgrade process tomorrow, so I will be without my C4 system for a little while.

I attached a before (MTS) and after (7" Inf. Edge TS)

The Infinity actually worked on 1.74, not 100% functionality (ie lights), but most items worked and it's been cool to play around with.

• 3 weeks later...

The upgrade went pretty smooth. My dealer started it Sunday night remotely. Came out Monday for a half day and finished up. Wife likes the new interface and new touch screens. :) Hates the intercom :(

Problems I encountered so far:

The upgrade screwed up a tstat. It would call for heat for 20-30 seconds then stop. There was an error on my furnace so I figured it there was something wrong with my furnace. After $280 worth of trouble shooting, he replaced the stat and the system was fine.

Also cannot search dvd's using the number pad on the remote to jump to a certain letter. Don't know if this is a known issue, or just isolated to my system.

cannot search dvd's using the number pad on the remote to jump to a certain letter. Don't know if this is a known issue, or just isolated to my system.

That feature works fine for me, so if that problem persists it sounds like it is local to your system.

Why does your wife hate the Intercom? Do you like the intercom? How well does it pickup whats going on in the room if you "monitor"?

Archived