C4 Forums | Control4

MyHome Site License?

servpro

Yes the Xoom looks promising.

I am heading over to Best Buy to get one on pre-order in a few minutes.

controlfouruserguy' date=' which ASUS products are you using?[/quote']

Don't run out too fast. Pre-sales has been pushed to 2/20 from what I here now.

Yeah, I saw that this morning. I've got someone on the phone with them now to see if that's true or not.

I was at Best Buy last night and they were planning on it. I'll let you know in a moment.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be honest by saying that the battery life is below my expectations. But, when used in my theater, the most runtime I need is 2 hours so it works. I havent gone beyond that yet. As far as boot time goes, well I can say it's a hell of alot better than my 7" Portable! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Not for me.

You could tell this was not the first call on this they've rec'd - and you could tell she was uncomfortable having to state that, yeah, we're kind of screwing you.. but this is all can do for you, sorry.

The problem I have with this company and a lot of others like this - is they seem to know they cater to an higher-end market, so they assume their customers may grumble but still shell out the $$. Helps with the short-term bottom line, but not the long-term customer satisfaction. For a couple hundred bucks seems a small thing to irritate your clients base - and that's exactly what it is.

Its like any organization really, you just have to grumble enough and to the right people. I once had a defective TV from best buy, spend about 3 hours of actual talk time with "customer service" trying to get it replaced under my "warranty". After what I thought was impossible, I decided to locate the email of the Senior VP of Customer Service for Best Buy.

Sent him an email, and within 1 week, I was delivered a code to present to my local best buy for my choice of TV of equal value to my original purchase price.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, grumble enough and you'll get what your looking for.

I work in sales - i get to spend the majority of my live listening to client mumble and grumble and push me to the brink of insanity trying to save a buck or two on their advertising.

So whenever i get the chance to "be that guy" -- I take full advantage :)

I work in sales - i get to spend the majority of my live listening to client mumble and grumble and push me to the brink of insanity trying to save a buck or two on their advertising.

So whenever i get the chance to "be that guy" -- I take full advantage :)

LOL. I work in advertising as well. We should grab a beer at CES or CEDIA or share some stories =)

Archived