C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset programming "How do I's"

Are there any Kwikset "How do I's" out there?

I Already have locking on alarm and unlocking on disarm happening..

But "how do I"...

1/ program the lock to always be in the "closed" state at midnight?

And map the following events..say

2/ email me when "low battery", "very low Battery" and "dead battery" or when the lock was "locked" and "unlocked". Or if the lock goes "offline".

cool stuff like that

Guys this lock is a fantastic addition to my project :)

Cheers

Wap

You could, you just need to issue lock and unlock to the attached Lock Relay object.

As far as flashing red on a keypad light, that's kind of a pain, since there's no flash built-in, you'd have to have a timer and turn it on then off then on then off...

RyanE

You can also have different emails go out based on who unlocked the door lock (or if it was unlocked manually).

There are different events, 'Unlocked Manually' fires when someone uses the knob or a key, 'Unlocked' fires if someone uses a code. When they use a code, you can check the USERNAME variable, compare against known usernames, and send an email per username.

RyanE

I want to thank Dan, Ryan, Henniae, Cody, "PharmDS", Dave in Melbourne, my Locksmith "the Keyman", and of course Dean from Recluse AV, my dealer over here for your help setting up my Kwikset. And of course Control4 and B&D

All of you have given me "clues", and your input as well has now given me a fantastic outcome.

There has always been a "problem" door at my house. You know what I mean. You all probably have one at your place as well.

It is the door everyone forgets to lock when they leave home, and at night. Or the one the kids lose a key too. The one the Cleaner can't get into. Or the one you can't seem to find the appropriate deadbolt for. The one that slams shut on you in the wind as you walk outside to do the garden (and forget your keys)...Or the one the dog seems to go too all the time and scratched to get in, but nobody can find the key to let the darn dog back in...that sort of thing..

Well this C4 Kwikset lock has single handedly solved ALL these problems.

With your help, I now have lock event email notification. Lock and unlock at arm/disarm (entry and exit from house). Auto lock after bedtime. Control and status on ipad. Pin codes and entry for the kids when they come home from school and nobody is here...Access without keys...and remote access to let a tradie in....

This is totally and 100% AWESOME

And with that I wish you all good night :)

My dealer just installed the Kwikset lock and he says he is not able to program other user codes with the email notification function, only my primary code. I'd like to program codes for the dog walker and nanny and have an email sent to me when those codes are used. I tried to install the Doorlock App on the 7" touchscreen and I'm not able to "buy" that either. How are you guys programming the lock??

Partially correct.

You can only send an email on unlock manual, or unlock with code. But with the unlock with code you can add a variable to the email that will tell you which user unlocked the door.

I believe my last programming was some thing like this

Your door has been unlocked using a code. The user name is [variable]

My dealer just installed the Kwikset lock and he says he is not able to program other user codes with the email notification function, only my primary code. I'd like to program codes for the dog walker and nanny and have an email sent to me when those codes are used. I tried to install the Doorlock App on the 7" touchscreen and I'm not able to "buy" that either. How are you guys programming the lock??

With all due respect to your dealer, all you need to do all this is Composer HE, and a 4sight account

It was a trial and error process for me as well. There aren't any clearly layed out steps, That's why all the questions :rolleyes:

I have found out that

1/ The free "app", might as well be free, because it's basically no use. It won't run on anything other than a 7inch touchscreen. So if you don't have one of these.....bad luck. In any case, you can do all the set up without this app

2/ Ist step is to get dealer to put the driver into your project and get the lock talking to the project via the mesh network

3/ There is some code already set up in the driver

4/ Get Composer HE and add the additional programming. I set up email notification that way. Buy you need a 4sight account to get email happening

5/ The email notification is real handy to monitor what the lock programming is actually doing. That it does what you want it too, and to let you know when the lock fails or the batteries go flat.

6/ Additional entry codes can be added using Composer HE via editing the driver. This is easy to do, once you find where it is !

7/ You don't need the app to lock or unlock. The best non touchscreen interface for this is definitely navigator on the ipad. It puts the locks symbol in the "correct" place (under Security), and there is a nice symbol for the lock that changes colour to let you know when the lock is open or closed.

Hope this help.

Thanks for that..

One small problem is I seem to be getting multiple email notification

My alarm has a 12V trigger that is wired into the C4 I/O module, So when I arm the alarm, C4 sends me an email "alarm is armed"

In the same way, when I "arm", I also electronically close the kwikset.

I also have some separate logic that gets the kwikset to email me to confirm electronic closure

But doing all this I get multiple (three) emails: all the same, from the lock..

Any Idea why this might be happening?

Thanks again

• 7 years later...

I just had a Kwikset and a Baldwin lock added to my project and I can lock and unlock them from the app, but I am not seeing where I can set user codes in the app in in Composer HE.  I don't see any place in the properties section of the driver under the Monitoring section.  Am I looking in the right place?  Also, I don't see where in programming I can do actions based on specific user codes.  Any help appreciated!

You can manage users right through the navigator (at least for kwikset). Find the room with the locks, go to security, go to locks and sensors, and then click the right arrow next to the lock. From there you should be able to add/edit users.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes. Both have keypads. I’m wondering if it’s something in the way the driver was added. I’ve sent a note to my dealer to see if he has any insight. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived