C4 Forums | Control4

C4 LCD Keypad or Touchpad

Can anyone please elaborate on the practical use of the C4 LCD Keypad? Does it make sense to use the LCD Keypad instead of 6 Button Keypads for more complex areas that don't warrant a Touchpad?

Does the keypad do a good job replacing a 6 button keypad for direct button access to features?

Even mini-touch units are better than the LCD keypads, and the InfinityEdge units are waaay better than those.

I had them in the kids' rooms (LCD Keypads), and they also had SR-250's, and they'd *always* prefer using the remotes over the LCD Keypads.

RyanE

I still have 4 of the 10 btn lcd in my system. They are running zigbee on 2.0. I use them everyday and like them. My favorite part is when listening to music, it scrolls the info on the screen.

If I had the choice between them and an Infinity Edge TS, I would go with the Infinity.

Choosing between a 6btn and an lcd, depends what you are using them for. The lcd is basically a v1/v2 remote with less buttons, but you can access almost everything with feedback on the screen.

But can the infinitiedge touchscreen be setup to have a default screen with custom buttons particular to a room if used in liue of a keypad?

Yes, you can use a default room and a custom home screen in 2.0+ (actually the default room has been an option for some time, the custom home screen is the main new thing).

But can the infinitiedge touchscreen be setup to have a default screen with custom buttons particular to a room if used in liue of a keypad?

Yes' date=' you can use a default room and a custom home screen in 2.0+ (actually the default room has been an option for some time, the custom home screen is the main new thing).[/quote']

Cody,

Do you know if Kevin L's new app for custom buttons be a default main screen?

Yes' date=' you can use a default room and a custom home screen in 2.0+ (actually the default room has been an option for some time, the custom home screen is the main new thing).[/quote']

Cody,

Do you know if Kevin L's new app for custom buttons be a default main screen?

I think so, but I dont have a 7" to confirm. I'll see if Kevin can comment.

these instructions are for 2.1

load the app and save it as a favorite. Name it what ever.

hit More, Settings, Custom Home,

select Default View then select Favorite. Below select the favorite you want to load

click the 4 on the top right and now you will toggle between the favorite ( which ever you selected ) and the main GUI.

The instructions are similar in 2.0 but i dont have a system to get the exact steps for 2.0

Archived