C4 Forums | Control4

Grace note Weirdness - Someone's Dropped the ball!

It 's no secret I'm not an huge Gracenote fan but there is definitely something broken here. Maybe it's not all Gracenote?

When I Scan my movies with my Sony Cx7000es it gets the titles mainly correct. This data doesn't make it into Composer HE for some reason (anyone know why?) and when I scan the changer inside of Composer HE most of the files meta data is totally borked! What it gets bang on in the player like the Planet Earth series gets screwed up into David Attenborough? How can this happen? It's totally ridiculous :)

I just went through this with 800 titles. What a headache! Don't accidentally hit scan media or you will be doing it all over again.

I have a huge library, over 1,200 titles between digital backups and 400 disc changers. I have to manually edit some, and when I hit scan it leaves the existing titles alone. Don't scare people into thinking it will undo all the work they did, that just isn't true.

Are you running 2.0.6?

My favorite is how often it decides a movie is Ben-Hur =) If it doesn't get it right and guesses wrong, it usually guesses Ben-Hur.

I just went through this with 800 titles. What a headache! Don't accidentally hit scan media or you will be doing it all over again.

I have a huge library' date=' over 1,200 titles between digital backups and 400 disc changers. I have to manually edit some, and when I hit scan it leaves the existing titles alone. Don't scare people into thinking it will undo all the work they did, that just isn't true.

Are you running 2.0.6?

My favorite is how often it decides a movie is Ben-Hur =) If it doesn't get it right and guesses wrong, it usually guesses Ben-Hur.[/quote']

I'm glad it works so well for you, but if I recall correctly you were complaining of the same thing about a year ago when yours screwed up as well. Unfortunately I had to rename over 800 incorrect titles after my NAS was down for a week and I hit the scan button which overwrote all my modified titles.

I have a huge library' date=' over 1,200 titles between digital backups and 400 disc changers. I have to manually edit some, and when I hit scan it leaves the existing titles alone. Don't scare people into thinking it will undo all the work they did, that just isn't true.

Are you running 2.0.6?

My favorite is how often it decides a movie is Ben-Hur =) If it doesn't get it right and guesses wrong, it usually guesses Ben-Hur.[/quote']

Here is a little reminder what you posted: http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=6633

Does anyone else think Gracenote sucks? I just made some changes and moved some files around, then scanned about 800 movies. At least 200 of them were scanned in as some BBC documentary, and another 100 or so are just flat the wrong movie. Some are the right movie but the description, etc... is in Spanish or German...I even had one in Japanese.

Thankfully I've placed the files in a folder that shares the same title as the movie, because if not I would have to watch all those videos to figure out what it really was.

/rant

Are you running 2.0.6?

Here is a little reminder what you posted: http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=6633

Does anyone else think Gracenote sucks? I just made some changes and moved some files around, then scanned about 800 movies. At least 200 of them were scanned in as some BBC documentary, and another 100 or so are just flat the wrong movie. Some are the right movie but the description, etc... is in Spanish or German...I even had one in Japanese.

Thankfully I've placed the files in a folder that shares the same title as the movie, because if not I would have to watch all those videos to figure out what it really was.

/rant

Right, Gracenote does suck, but it doesn't re-write all the work that you did every time you scan. The only reason I had to rescan everything is because they were in a different file share, thus essentially new files.

Gracenote sucks, but that work I did has never been overwritten by a subsequent scan.

Did anyone else notice a specific problem this weekend? I just upgraded to the Sony blu-ray changer, and started scanning Thursday(5/26). The first 75 discs were fine, but then it just came back with UNKNOWN. If I used the OSD, it has the data from gracenote, but somehow that is not making back to composer. It's like a service is down...now, if I delete and rescan one of the first discs it properly identified, it comes back unknown as well.

I've got about 100 movies and 1500+ albums. Gracenote has yet to add a single cover art to anything. I do have it set to scan for media art. The only way that works is manually - select Edit > Search.

Is this typical or is there a hidden setting I'm missing with this?

Archived