C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Equalizer App - FREE

I just had my C4 system installed and needless to say the dealer didn't follow how i wanted the rooms named. He came back to fix them and screwed them even more, I don't want to deal with that. i am tech savvy enough where i wouldn't mind having the capability of doing it (hopefully only once). 

1 hour ago, c4User_BA said:

I just had my C4 system installed and needless to say the dealer didn't follow how i wanted the rooms named. He came back to fix them and screwed them even more, I don't want to deal with that. i am tech savvy enough where i wouldn't mind having the capability of doing it (hopefully only once). 

If you could do it at all, you'd be able to do it more than once.  I help end users on this forum remotely as I'm a dealer and I have the credentials for the pro software.  You can't make the change you want without the pro software.  If you want a simple room change, don't hesitate to reach out to me.  If you are in a contract with your dealer, I highly advise you communicate clearly want you want with them as you could void your warranty if you start allowing other dealers to work on your project.

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

? How often are you changing room names.....

More like walking dead 🤣

Just not married long enough I guess.

My Sunroom has just become the Dining Room ....... took 41 years😂🤔as long as the Dog house doesn't become ........

Honestly i think a room name change is very basic functionality and a user (or at least the people who purchase composer HE) should be allowed to do that. - just my 2 cents

How do i connect my external NAS drive to C4? I hope that's also not done by a dealer.

3 minutes ago, c4User_BA said:

Honestly i think a room name change is very basic and a user (or at people who purchase composer HE) should be allowed to do that. - just my 2 cents

How do i connect my external NAS drive to C4? I hope that's also not done by a dealer.

Yes, that also needs to be done by a dealer if its a network drive.  It may have its own driver or the Network Attached Storage driver will need to be added and configured.  You can edit some of the user access details with Composer HE.

A USB thumb drive or powered USB HDD connected straight to the controller (formatted to FAT32 max size 2TB) will automatically be detected and ready for use after a navigator refresh. 

The NAS drive i have is Synology 718+ , do you know if there are drivers for C4?

BTW - i love this forum and the quick response everyone provides... I know this is off topic, but i just moved to LI and i cannot say how disappointed i have been with contractors and company who installed my C4. Seems like everyone just want your money and leave - no one is proud of their work. they just care about taking your money, not one company has given me satisfaction work!! 

There is a driver but it's for the surveilance station.  It involves a cost.  Are you just trying to play music off the drive?  That can be done with a DLNA driver (free).  You just won't be able to search music with it (limitation of synology).  Any other purposes?  Movies?  You'd need a recognized/supported video player.  A basic Network Attached Storage driver would need to be installed and you'd have access to whatever share's you set in the driver properties.

Archived