C4 Forums | Control4

Web navigator

tilimil

I already emailed my dealer tonight but I am impatient and hoping someone on here will see this and answer this tonight :) Can I access the web navigator locally or do I have to have 4 sight to use it at all? If I can access it locally without 4sight, how do I do it? When I hit the web server on my navigator (hc200) I just get a Control4 logo served up to me.

Thanks.

When I hit the web server on my navigator (hc200) I just get a Control4 logo served up to me.

??? When you hit it on your HC200? I'm confused.

Web Navigator, which can be pulled up by logging into your my.control4.com account (has nothing to do with your Navigator), does require 4Sight.

The fact that the flash files are accessible over a samba share won't help you to have a navigator experience from a computer at your home, or away from your home. Hope that makes sense...

Are you trying to interact with your Control4 system when you're away from home, specifically from a computer? There are a few options but I wanted to make sure this is what you're after...

Actually I am seeing these flash files via http. I want to browse to my controller and have a web navigator experience, yes.

I recall there was a bunch of people upset over someone sharing how to do this in the past, hence ILoveC4 being quiet. I thought with 2.0 this was supposed to be an option. But it sounds like you are telling me it is only via 4Sight.

So, ILoveC4, am I correct in guessing that these flash files are the ones that my on-screen navigator is using?

Ah, OK. It doesn't surprise me that they're accessible over HTTP. I can tell you for sure though that yes, they are the files that your on-screen navigator are using. And definitely the only official web access approach is through my.control4.com which uses 4Sight.

I prefer to use MyHomePC when I want to interact with my system from a computer. I have an active 4Sight account so I could use the web navigator via 4Sight, but MyHomePC is my preference. Have you tried MyHomePC?

You're welcome to try, in the original 2.0 release, the flash files were not locked down in any way, and you could use them to make a Navigator run on another PC. The problem is that running just the flash files didn't show any coverart, and IP cameras didn't work, and various other issues, due to them relying on some code compiled into the flash lite player on the devices.

In later 2.0 releases, the flash files do a 'platform check' to ensure they're run from the right host, so they won't work that way anymore.

If you want to run Flash Navigator on a PC, you should use MyHomePC, which *is* the fully supported version.

RyanE

copy the entire /../skins directory over to your local PC.

Edit config.xml with your director's IP address:

<DirectorIP>192.168.1.100</DirectorIP>

Double-click navigator.swf

right click anywhere in the window -> Global Settings -> Global Security Settings panel -> add /skins to 'Always trust files in these locations'

no lights in 1.7 :(

copy the entire /../skins directory over to your local PC.

Edit config.xml with your director's IP address:

<DirectorIP>192.168.1.100</DirectorIP>

Double-click navigator.swf

right click anywhere in the window -> Global Settings -> Global Security Settings panel -> add /skins to 'Always trust files in these locations'

no lights in 1.7 :(

That won't work anymore without some tweaking of the screenSaver.swf file.

Oops...I've said too much =)

I've been digging around looking for these files and cannot locate them on 1.7.4. Is this only for systems running 2.0?

You need the files from a 2.x system but it will work on a 1.7.4 system. Preferably, (for transport controls) you'll want files from a Touch Panel running 2.0.0 - 2.0.4. Another route is to find the original MyHomePC app - it wasn't locked down either. Coverart and lights are the only things that aren't working in 1.7 - everything else works, as far as I know.

Archived