C4 Forums | Control4

Volume control C4-16AMP3-B

zazel1

I have a C4-16AMP3-B Running 2.06 - 8 zones

Q1: I want to be able to control the volume with a two button in a certain room - Can some one explain the best method for this.

Q2: I want to set a max volume for night time so I dont blast the house and wake up everyone (Like I did last night)

Q3: Double click a 2 button to play a rhapsody playlist in a certain room starting at a low volume.

Thanks up front!!

Q1: I want to be able to control the volume with a two button in a certain room - Can some one explain the best method for this.

Q2: I want to set a max volume for night time so I dont blast the house and wake up everyone (Like I did last night)

Q3: Double click a 2 button to play a rhapsody playlist in a certain room starting at a low volume.

Thanks up front!!

I know I did a write up on #1 already, and I'm pretty sure #3 too. Search at www.c4diy.com. I utilize #2 as well. When I have a few minutes I can go into detail...

Thanks for quick response!

I frequent your site and checked before I posted. I must be missing something as I thought I went through your "how do I" section and searched "audio" and "volume" without success.

Thanks again!

Thanks for quick response!

I frequent your site and checked before I posted. I must be missing something as I thought I went through your "how do I" section and searched "audio" and "volume" without success.

Thanks again!

Sorry. Search for "press and hold" maybe? Maybe I never did it.

The brig explanation there is when the button is pressed start the volume up command, and when it's released stop the command.

Very brief, but hopefully it helps. I can go into more detail later if needed.

Good find Cody. It doesn't explain using it for volume like I thought it did, although much of the programming applies.

One button press, start the volume up to the room. On button release, STOP the volume up to the room.

Repeat for volume down.

Does that help?

Great I think I can figure it out. I will give it a shot.

What about Q2 and Q3?

These are the solutions I came up with:

Q2: A: I set the volume on Audio Output of the amp to level 30 when each zone turns off. This will mean that the music will never turn on too loud, as it will always start at 30

Q3: A: I put a conditional on "When any audio setting chages on Audio Output x"

?If Volume on Audio Output is GREATER than 70

--> Set volume on Audio Output x to 30

Both seem to work. Any thoughts improvements? Any shortcut as to not have to actually repeat the process on each Audio Output one at a time?

These are the solutions I came up with:

Q2: A: I set the volume on Audio Output of the amp to level 30 when each zone turns off. This will mean that the music will never turn on too loud, as it will always start at 30

Q3: A: I put a conditional on "When any audio setting chages on Audio Output x"

?If Volume on Audio Output is GREATER than 70

--> Set volume on Audio Output x to 30

Both seem to work. Any thoughts improvements? Any shortcut as to not have to actually repeat the process on each Audio Output one at a time?

Let me look up how I did it...I'll post some screenshots tonight

Here you go. Detailed instructions, just for you =) http://www.c4diy.com/how-do-i-use-a-keypad-for-volume-control/

If you click on the room under Device Events, and then select the "When Audio Selection Changed" box, add similar lines of programming:

Screenshot.jpg

I often listen to music while the family/kids are asleep, and this is a great way to make sure the volume is low. If it's between 8PM and 8:30AM, it just sets the volume to level 10 right when the audio starts. This is transparent...I never hear the audio come on loud and quickly adjust, it just starts quiet. If you need further details on how to add those lines of programming let me know.

Well, the low volume part is covered above. Just set the "set volume to" command right above the start playlist command. Select the keypad/dimmer/switch in device events, select the button, and then select double tap, then in the Device Actions pane pick the room, then below click "Select Media", then click the [...] box right next to it, then a popup will appear and show all your available media. Select "Rhapsody My Playlists", click the playlist, press ok, then drag that newly created programming line into the center of the screen. All done.

Thanks up front!!

If any of that is confusing, let me know. It might take me a minute to find some time, but I will help when I can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Dan (or any Guru),

I am not sure if I ever got the max volume working. I thought I set it up, but today my IPAD stuck/stuttered and volume just kept going up on all active zones. Not sure if lost some programming after upgrade to 2.2 BUT

Can you help me with this:

I need to have max volume set on all zones - so if the value goes higher that say 70 the volume will kick down to say 40.

I can not even remember how I came up with the solution above - I put a conditional on "When any audio setting chages on Audio Output x"

Archived