C4 Forums | Control4

Myhome PC resolution

getafix

Hi

I am wanting to install a 19" (or larger) touch screen in our demo shop. Is there anyway increase the resolution on the myhome pc app?

On a smaller screen, it is fine, but as the screen gets larger it doesn't look as slick.

We installed it on a customers 21" iMac and understandably it doesn't look sharp enough.

Great app, so I am not knocking it, just would be great if we could have it in a higher res.

TIA

the answer is no and its not going to happen. The entire interface is written in a specific resolution so every single thing would have to be redone to work in a high res version aka not going to happen..

I have a 30" dell monitor running 2560x1600 which is higher resolution then either of the devices you listed and it looks fine...

We installed it on a customers 21" iMac and understandably it doesn't look sharp enough.

I have the same issue. I am using it on a 27" iMac, and I really wish it was crisper.

If I were to guess, the Flash files originally came from what was made for the controllers or C4 touch screens, with an ideal resolution of 720p(1280x720), so anything larger than that, it will probably degrade as you scale up.

The initial resolution of the images was 800x480, since it's the 7" touchscreen skin that is used for MyHomePC.

The images are scaled up by Flash.

The On-Screen resolution is 1280x720, but it's skin doesn't work as well for a touch device as the 7" (i.e. it's oriented towards on-screen, in that it can be driven with the remote).

RyanE

Archived