C4 Forums | Control4

Onkyo receiver driver

I have an Onkyo TX-NR3008 in my system and I've used both the IP and Serial drivers and both work fine except for one thing: When the room turns off, the receiver doesn't go into standby or power off. Eventually the receiver turns off due to a lack of signal input, but I can't figure out why the system won't turn the receiver off.

Under system properties, the on/off radio buttons don't actually do anything to the receiver. I've put programming in so when the room turns off, to send an Off signal after a 1 second delay, but that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or how I can get a new driver or edit this one? Thanks.

If I double click the receiver in Composer, which brings up the system properties, clicking the on or off buttons don't do anything. If the unti is on, I can press Off all day and it's as if Composer is sending the wrong signal or the receiver doesn't recognize it.

As for Zone 2, it's off, as well as Zone 3. When I switched from the IP to serial driver, the off function worked. Only for about a day though...

I have an Onkyo TX-NR1008 and am using an IP driver. Mine comes on and goes into standby immediately when I turn my theatre on or off. I use zone 2 as an audio source for my whole house audio and it doesn't matter if I have zone 2 on or off the receiver still goes into standby when I turn the room off.

Archived