C4 Forums | Control4

Is there an issue with the Rhapsody driver?

I seem to have the same problem occuring quite a bit. I bring up Rhapsody on any of my C4 interfaces. I can see things like the channel guide and playlist central and I can select music and play it just fine. Then if I try to do a search it retrieves the artist and even does the look ahead as I'm typing but when I select an artist the picture doesn't appear and if I try to pick something like top tracks it doesn't return anything on the screen and it says network error at the bottom. Is anyone else having this issue or have a suggestion? Thanks.

Yes, I have the EXACT same issue, now for over 2 wks. It doesn't matter if I try this on my Navigators, TS, MyHomePC. I asked my dealer and he contacted C4. As I understand it is a known issue and C4-Rhapsody are on it. I think the problem is at Rhapsody's end.

For me, I get the error on 80%+ of my search attempts. I found that if you select the Top Tracks or Albums (whatever options in the left pane), while the right indicates "loading" and the error is displayed, the right pane will populate with your tracks/albums most of the time and in fact you can play them.

I am not sure I understand why this may not affect everyone. My dealer was not aware and I don't think he has this issue.

Waiting for a fix!

I see the Rhapsody error message you are talking about- this is fairly common on my WiFi TSs that are far from a WAP. But, I don't see where this is "fatal". You might need to go through a re-load of the page but that's the worst of it here. Top Tracks and everything else loads like a mofo on wired TSs.

Thanks for the postings on this.

In my case...computer running MyHome PC, Touch screens, controllers (providing Navs) all directly wired to ethernet switch, also upgraded fast internet connection. Reload page may or may not work.

As the appropriate parties seemed to be on board on this, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

I can't determine what the problem is by these posts. All I know is that SEARCH via Control4 does not and has not ever worked the same as when conducting a search at Rhapsody's website. That is my experience and I don't use Keyword Search via Control4 because it plain does not return results like it should.

I can't determine what the problem is by these posts. All I know is that SEARCH via Control4 does not and has not ever worked the same as when conducting a search at Rhapsody's website. That is my experience and I don't use Keyword Search via Control4 because it plain does not return results like it should.

I have made that some observation. I just search for track and artist because of it. No big deal.

I typically will go off to the HTPC (which is integrated) and search/run Rhap from there. Hey, it's one more stream I wouldn't get from just through Control4. Kids use Rhap from their TSs but are too young to bitch about shortcomings. However, just last night one of 'em wanted Young MC's Bust A Move and that would not pull-up through a C4 search. No problem on the HTPC. In fact, the problem is so pronounced that you can do a reverse search yourself then re-enter the Rhapsody result back into C4 Keyword Search and still returns No Results Found.

On 2.1.1, internet connection=30MB.

Issue well articulated by str1der but just to make sure we are on same page. BTW, I have had my system & Rhapsody x 3 yrs. Searching via C4 has not been a problem for me in the past. Maybe I have been lucky!

Everything else working perfectly in Rhapsody via C4 as noted. Now you decide you want to listen to Bocelli for example so you go:

-Rhapsody>Search>Artist and you enter" Bocelli"

-Rhapsody returns Andrea Bocelli along with some other names and you select it

-Page loads indicating Andrea Bocelli, under that you see "Play Now" "Add Queue" "Add to Library" and immediately below "Loading"....

Here is the problem:

No image, nothing loads, nothing happens. At the bottom of the screen you get "Rhapsody service error. Received error code from Rhapsody" transiently.

This is not the normal or expected behavior as when it works (now rarely) image appears and top tracks displayed pretty quickly.

I am always thinking my system is misbehaving when I see things like this, but this time it is not the case.

My search is working on the C4 OS. Not seeing this problem can make radio stations by selecting and artist or select top tracks etc... Also can do all this from iPad. Maybe I am not understanding the issue. On 2.1.1 and Internet is 30 and 5.

And all my cover art comes up.

^Yeah, you aren't understanding. Search does work under other criteria. Speed of purchased connection has little to do with your success at retrieval of search criteria too. It should not matter whether it's 5Mb service or a 35 sqaure service. Ok? It's a problem with something else- like the driver. I doubt anyone here is going to get satisfaction except Dan. So just follow his lead and find ways around around it.

^Yeah, you aren't understanding. Search does work under other criteria. Speed of purchased connection has little to do with your success at retrieval of search criteria too. It should not matter whether it's 5Mb service or a 35 sqaure service. Ok? It's a problem with something else- like the driver. I doubt anyone here is going to get satisfaction except Dan. So just follow his lead and find ways around around it.

Ok, I don't get it but when I use keyword I can type in jazz or instrumental and all works fine.

I haven't tried keyword I've always used artist when my errors occurr. I'll try the other searches. The weird things is I know it's got connection to Rhapsody when this happens because as I type in the search field it's doing the look ahead. The error only happens when I actually select the entry and it tries to pull up that artist.

• 1 month later...

The same thing just started to happen to me. When using the IPAD. And Iphone. No problem using C4 interface on my PC.

To recap: when trying to use a rhapsody playlist get spinning wheel. When try to search I get blank pull down window. All tabs yield blank pull down/window. Rhapsody was working but slowly degraded. What I mean is that earlier today it worked to search for Coldplay, but after search not all tabs had items - top tracks but not top albums or artist channel. Now nothing at all pulls up at all.

When I hit the account tab on iPad I get my sign on and acct type (real) but customer Id and membership Plan blank with a spinning wheel...

I just recently updated to latest C4 (added Dune) and had no problem. Then after about two weeks, I updated to the 5.1 IOS update (new release For IPad 3).

I think there must be a glitch in the matrix...

Will try rebooting whole c4 system.

Archived