C4 Forums | Control4

6 Button Keypad LED programming

I have been using composer HE to add some programming to a few keypads around the house - I have a 6 button keypad in a bedroom...one button is bound to a light and it works perfectly, another button turns an led on when music is on and off when off, and I would like the bottom two buttons to be used for volume control, which they work for now, but with an LED on to indicate they are active (When there isn't anything on, all keys on this keypad are black).  My problem is, when I change the current color (I believe this is the correct way in programming) it works, but when the button is pressed, the led goes off and stays off.  Is there a good way to fix this, or am I approaching this wrong - I can't seem to find much documentation on LED behavior.  Also, I have been using when room audio selection changes, if room power is on / off for programming -  Is this the correct way, or should I use a room variable such as POWER_STATE? Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi Jerry

Did you ever come right with this?

I am trying to have an LED indicate whether a room's audio is on/off, and am really battling. It should be simple, but for some reason I can't get it to work.

you can use the room variable for power state.

or use the room command room off.

just be sure to use a conditional for room off on the power state.

dont program based on specific devices they can sometime not properly update their power status.

• 6 months later...

Jerrywolf, I'm trying to do the same thing and can't get the lights to change at all.

• Button 1: tied to the light and is always on
  • Button 4: Turns on/off radio
  • Button 2/3: volume up/down.  I only want these lit when the radio is on
  • Button 5/6: change station.  I only want these lit when the radio is on.

I am trying to change the LED_STATE to true or false and have the lights lite up based on the pre-set colours.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dean

On 2018-01-24 at 5:24 AM, sonic30101 said:

You don't change led state to true. Click on the keypad, then the desired button, then set to current color and pick one from the pop up window

I just re-read my post, and realized I didn't provide very much information.  I have done that to choose the colour.  But I can't get the lights to turn on/off programatically.

When the radio is turned on in the room, either using button 4 or the iPhone app, I need to turn on lights 2,3,5,6 to show that they can be used.  When the room is no longer playing the radio, again via button 4 or the iPhone app, I would like the lights to go off. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 9:07 AM, RcNorth said:

I just re-read my post, and realized I didn't provide very much information.  I have done that to choose the colour.  But I can't get the lights to turn on/off programatically.

When the radio is turned on in the room, either using button 4 or the iPhone app, I need to turn on lights 2,3,5,6 to show that they can be used.  When the room is no longer playing the radio, again via button 4 or the iPhone app, I would like the lights to go off. 

I just did this on my keypad and it works great. If you did not yet get this to work, let me know! The light on key 1  comes on with any of the 3 zones. buttons 2-5 only light up if the zone is on. Mine keypad is set up this way:

1: Mute/unmute all 3 zones

2: Zone 1 vol up

3: zone 1 vol down

4: zone 2 vol up

5: zone 2 vol down

Up/down arrows: zone 3 vol up/down

I am now trying to figure out how to get the light between the arrows to come on. I cannot find a place to change the color or turn it on. Just started using HE 2 days ago, so still trying to figure thinks out.

Archived