C4 Forums | Control4

Popcorn Hour VTEN wrong feedback

In a single room installation I have a HC250 controller and Popcorn Hour VTEN as a media player with Popcorn Hour/Popbox - v 8.0 drivers from EV.Problem I am facing is when I press watch and select  popcorn the conroller turns on everything (receiver,projector) but didn't turn on the popcorn. Even using composer in system design when I double click popcorn and I try to turn on popcorn same problem.If popcorn is turned on the status is showing as off I mean a wrong feedback.

Please guide me if some one has faced same problem.

Thanks for replying. I will definitely try this. In another single room project I was facing same problem with the Dune HD Max so I made an IR connection and programmed to turn on the Dune and it’s working very well. But in this project  I am out of IR ports that’s why I shared my problem.

Thank you.

Dunes can be set to power on on powercut, that takes care of the power issues without needing the IR.

For the Popcorn hour, the drivers have the option of doing power management or not, it's usually best to set this to NO, but if you have a lot of power outages it can be better to have it to yes. What your situation is is hard to say.

Note that whatever the unit says for IR commands makes no difference at all - it's IP control and that won't follow those 'rules' at all. The problme is simply that even on IP the Popcorn doesn't have discreet power.

You'd have to look at your system - either the popcorn IS turning off on room off (give it a few seconds) and it's not catching the discrete codes right (turno OFF power management in the driver) OR it ISNT turning off, but power outages or something  are causing a turn off ( CHECK four auto shutdown or hdmi control options!!!!) and the driver needs to have it's power management set to on. Neither option is perfect, but it's a situational thing on which is best.

Of course, I'm not particular familiar with the exact model you mention, so there may be some other differences.

It's noted right in the driver for you dealer to do....

- Set up the Dune to power on after a power outage.  
- - You must use then original Dune remote
- - Make sure Dune is in standby
- - Press P O W E R 1 <enter> on the remote {that, means spell out power1 with the alphanumeric buttons!}

- - LED will blink to show command has been accepted.

Hi Cyknight thanks for the replies.I just thoght that the Popcorn on IP driver may have a feedback.As you mentioned that it doesn't have a discreet power I

think setting power management to "no" is a better solution.

Can you suggest any other media player with right functioning which also supports the My Movies collection management?

Archived