C4 Forums | Control4

Speco security cameras and C4?

C4Newbie

I don't know what you mean by 'wait for 1.6'. There is support for IP Cameras in 1.3.2, as long as they can send MJPEG or even JPEG images directly from the camera.

There is no additional IP Camera support in 1.6 that is not in 1.3.2.

RyanE

No, the DriverWorks SDK won't help you make a driver for an IP Camera.

The IP Camera driver is a C++ driver, and can't be 'extended' by the DriverWorks SDK. However, you should be able to make drivers for additional cameras by making .c4i files that work against different cameras. You can do that today in 1.3.2, if the camera supports getting MJPEG and JPEG from the camera, and control of the camera happens over HTTP.

RyanE

we have 2 clients that have the analog cams with dvr. The dvr unit connect to the network to view over ip. But we can't get it to work so if anyone knows how that would be great

thanks

No, the DriverWorks SDK won't help you make a driver for an IP Camera.

The IP Camera driver is a C++ driver, and can't be 'extended' by the DriverWorks SDK. However, you should be able to make drivers for additional cameras by making .c4i files that work against different cameras. You can do that today in 1.3.2, if the camera supports getting MJPEG and JPEG from the camera, and control of the camera happens over HTTP.

RyanE

hey what about cams that support pan and zoom but in an activeX enivirnment? i have the pannasonic bl-c1a cameras. they load either way with the ptz driver or w/o... but it would be nice to get the zoom to function on my touchscreens. Will the sdk help in building a custom driver for this osrt of thing?

The problem with the BL-C10A (I assume you mean the C10A, not the C1A) camera is that it is not a zoom camera.

The zoom that they show on the website is a digital zoom, and it's implemented completely in the ActiveX, so no, that's not available to be used by the current IP Camera driver.

We support cameras that give you actual optical zoom, as long as you can trigger that zoom over HTTP.

RyanE

• 7 months later...

I currently am installing a system that has existing Speco SIPD3 cameras and they would like to see them through the system. I am seeing that i can somehow alter the .c4i file. Could anyone give me a rundown on how to do that for these cameras or point me in the direction I should be looking.

Thnx

that driver only allows a refresh rate in minutes which is a very slow video feed. i'm afraid that wont work the way i was hoping or am i mistaken? i was hoping to find a driver or a way to alter a driver to work with the Speco SIPD3 to get live video. its not PTZ but it is feeding video via IP. i have tried other drivers and entered all the necessary info but still get no connection. any ideas?

What are the recommend cameras to use that will work nicely with c4 system??

Analog?? or IP Cameras?? with NVR or DVR??

I currently have everfocus analog system and would like to have those work when i finally get my c4 install in the spring but if i need to replace them which would you suggest??

Do most dealers know how to install these cameras or would it have to be done by a CCTV installer??

The most "common" on the forums is the Panasonic line of MJPEG cameras. Those drivers have already been written and are included in Composer or in the online database from what I can tell.

Analog cameras will need a network server of some kind in order for them to be viewed on a touchpanel or in the c4 gui, otherwise you'll just flip to that input on the matrix or tv's input.

Panasonic and Axis IP cameras are currently supported.

If you have analog cameras, then you would need an Axis 241Q, which is basically an analog to IP converter.

Any other IP cameras that support mjpeg, you will have to re-write a c4i file to match the settings for the camera and hope that it works ;)

It really is a trial and error type of thing.

Nope.

RyanE

Edited to add: Many of them have analog audio out, if you wire that back to your audio switch, you could then add it as a source, but no, there's no way for the Control4 system to get the audio over the network connection at the moment.

Archived