C4 Forums | Control4

New Remote - Watch Button

I have not had a chance to try one of the new physical remote controls yet but is there an option to increase the amount of sources you can toggle through when you hit the Watch button? 

The previous generation remotes are only able to cycle through the last three sources that were selected.  My "client" is looking for an easy way to have more sources available to flip through from this quick shortcut button.

5 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Both the old and new remotes also have the option of allowing you to list all of the sources available in the room when pushing the watch button... Is that not what he wants?

Thanks for the reply! 

If I'm not mistaken, the Watch button can be programmed to either (A) list the sources on the remote's screen or (B) actively change and cycle through sources when pressed repeatedly.

They prefer the way that option B operates.  They just want it to cycle through more then the last three sources.  If I could increase it to cycle through the five sources this would give them what they want.

3 minutes ago, jlombardo said:

Thanks for the reply! 

If I'm not mistaken, the Watch button can be programmed to either (A) list the sources on the remote's screen or (B) actively change and cycle through sources when pressed repeatedly.

They prefer the way that option B operates.  They just want it to cycle through more then the last three sources.  If I could increase it to cycle through the five sources this would give them what they want.

Quite right and sorry, as far as I know it is still 3. I guess one could program one of the custom buttons to do this for, say, the last 5 sources fairly easily... I prefer the full list myself :-)

Neither of you are right - there are THREE settings (same across the two)

*List

*Select last used device then toggle in order (what they are on most likely)

*Do nothing.

Just use the latter option, and program your list of devices to toggle through yourself....

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

*List

*Do nothing.

Just use the latter option, and program your list of devices to toggle through yourself....

Aha...

Just now, South Africa C4 user said:

Quite right and sorry, as far as I know it is still 3. I guess one could program one of the custom buttons to do this for, say, the last 5 sources fairly easily... I prefer the full list myself :-)

1 minute ago, Cyknight said:

*List

*Do nothing.

Thanks for the info Cyknight.

I prefer the list too, I think that is more commonly used.  The original installer set theirs up this way so after having used it for many years, the switch to List would be an unwelcome change.

I had not thought about using a custom button.  That may work, but again, they are in the habit of toggling through with the Watch button.  Even if I could make it work as a custom button they are not likely to use it because it is a big change in behavior and goes against the muscle memory they've developed.

4 minutes ago, jlombardo said:

Thanks for the info Cyknight.

I prefer the list too, I think that is more commonly used.  The original installer set theirs up this way so after having used it for many years, the switch to List would be an unwelcome change.

I had not thought about using a custom button.  That may work, but again, they are in the habit of toggling through with the Watch button.  Even if I could make it work as a custom button they are not likely to use it because it is a big change in behavior and goes against the muscle memory they've developed.

Cys suggestion is even better. You can set the watch button to do nothing. It then become like a custom button and you can program against it...

Oh wow! Thanks for following up with that guys! I did not understand Cy's suggestion to mean that but that does sound like the perfect solution (if I can figure how to make it work).

Thanks so much for great ideas and fast responses.

My guess is the toggle through sources was created primarily for the SR-150 (as it has no display), and the option added so if a system had both, the SR-250 would work the same way as the SR-150.

RyanE

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

My guess is the toggle through sources was created primarily for the SR-150 (as it has no display), and the option added so if a system had both, the SR-250 would work the same way as the SR-150.

RyanE

That makes sense... I must say that personally, I much prefer using a full list!

Archived