C4 Forums | Control4

Error running Composer Pro 2.8.0 - 2.8.2 in Virtual Director mode: "Broker is not connected to Director" [SOLVED]

Hello!

I found that all 2.8.0 - 2.8.2 versions of Composer Pro rise exception at start in Virtual mode (dialog window):

"Broker is not connected to Director. The connection status is : 'Exception: Error reading JToken from JsonReader. Path '' , line 0, position 0'. " Would you like to continue to wait? Press  'Cancel' to continue anyway." and buttons Yes, No, Cancel.

Press Cancel results dialog with message: "Unable to start Director and/or Broker server. Please check debug error log for more information"

In "broker.log" (from c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Control4\2.8.2\logs\) I found:

module.js:355
  Module._extensions[extension](this, filename);
                               ^
Error: The operating system cannot run %1.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Broker\node_modules\x.509\build\Release\x509.node
    at Error (native)
    at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
    at require (module.js:384:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Broker\node_modules\x.509\index.js:2:12)
    at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
    at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
    at require (module.js:384:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Broker\broker.js:1:62880)
    at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:478:10)

In "director.log" (from c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Control4\2.8.2\logs\) I found:

[6536] ERROR: Failed to load plugin FileScanner.dll Error(-1) no error message available
[6536] ERROR: Failed to load plugin ZonesManager.dll Error(-1) no error message available
[6536] ERROR: ProjectSave: *** The project is invalid ***
[6536] ERROR: ProjectSave: properties is missing
[6536] ERROR: ProjectSave: continuing anyway
[6536] ERROR: ProjectSave: Unable to load project file C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Control4\2.8.2\etc\DirectorState.default
[6536] ERROR: Unable to open certificate file [C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Director\server.pem]: No such file or directory
[6536] ERROR: Unable to open certificate key file [C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Director\server.pem]: system lib
[6536] ERROR: Unable to open CA certificates file [C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerPro282\Director\clientca.pem]: system lib
[6536] ERROR: SDDPServer::SDDPServer::joinMulticastGroup: Error joining multicast group: An invalid argument was supplied
[6536] ERROR: Error joining SSDP multicast group: system:10022
[6536] ERROR: SDDPServer::SDDPServer::joinMulticastGroup: Error joining multicast group: An invalid argument was supplied
[6536] ERROR: Error joining DDDP multicast group: An invalid argument was supplied

Connection in Local system mode (with real controller) works fine. Reinstall Composers did not solve problem.

Anybody has same problem?

Best regards, Sergey.

• 4 weeks later...

Brad, refer to KB 1398 for libeay32 support and KB 1225 for general broker error troubleshooting. The first and easiest steps to begin troubleshooting broker issues is to ensure that the date, time and timezone are correct on Director. I prefer to use putty for this. FYI the time on Director should be no more than 2-3 mins offset from the system time on your PC.

Hi Brad,

In my case problem was in VIRTUAL Director mode only. So, if you have the same problem try (change program path to your):

Copy libeay32.dll from c:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerProXXX\Broker\ to
c:\Program Files (x86)\Control4\ComposerProXXX\Broker\node_modules\x.509\build\Release\

Have a nice day.

• 3 years later...
On 10/16/2016 at 6:59 PM, d1amund said:

Brad, refer to KB 1398 for libeay32 support and KB 1225 for general broker error troubleshooting. The first and easiest steps to begin troubleshooting broker issues is to ensure that the date, time and timezone are correct on Director. I prefer to use putty for this. FYI the time on Director should be no more than 2-3 mins offset from the system time on your PC.

What is KB 1398 and KB 1225 and where do I find them? also, how do I use PuTTY to change the director time & date?

11 hours ago, Alex Szeremeta said:

What is KB 1398 and KB 1225 and where do I find them? also, how do I use PuTTY to change the director time & date?

The KB articles are on the dealer portal.  Are you a dealer?  what exactly are you trying to do?  This is quite the old thread, things have changed a lot since then. 

1 hour ago, mstafford388 said:

The KB articles are on the dealer portal.  Are you a dealer?  what exactly are you trying to do?  This is quite the old thread, things have changed a lot since then. 

I’m not a dealer, I’m just getting into C4 DIY and want to try using Virtual Director in Composer Pro 2.10.6. That’s when I get the error. I noticed that it’s an error in the director, not the broker.

19 minutes ago, Alex Szeremeta said:

I’m not a dealer, I’m just getting into C4 DIY and want to try using Virtual Director in Composer Pro 2.10.6. That’s when I get the error. I noticed that it’s an error in the director, not the broker.

So cracked composer then?

23 minutes ago, Alex Szeremeta said:

Yeah good luck.  You're using an unlicensed version of Composer so you can't really expect much support. 

12 minutes ago, Alex Szeremeta said:

Yes

Then I’m afraid you’ve come to the wrong place. Control4 is a dealer only platform and this Forum and the people on it will not be able or willing to help you. My advise to you is to find a Dealer( either local or remote ) and purchase HE. If you do not you are entering into a world of pain with no support or an avenue to purchase equipment. 

good luck 😉 

I'm not sure why you have a problem. You wanted participation. You posted the same in the Reddit r/C4diy group which is exactly for people that crack their systems. You can't have it both ways. I'm not judging you. I simply tried to help the person. I'm sorry if I assumed your group would help them. You might want to work on your marketing approach language if you are going to discriminate against the people you market to.

Maybe you can simply help the person?

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2020 at 3:33 PM, chita79 said:

Imagine being that much of a dick.

Why would you post in a reddit Control4 DIY server about your rubbish discord server so you can feel so special about yourself?

And you seem to block any type of composer cracking talk in that server.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.