C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 for PC-Mac

BRMON

The Control4 for PC-Mac software stopped working on my MacBook Pro.  I've uninstalled Adobe Air and Control4 for PC-Mac multiple times and nothing changes.  I've searched folders for anything Adobe Air and Control 4 related and deleted those files and reinstalled and nothing changes.  When I open the software I get a black screen.  The menus for Control4 for PC-Mac that are supposed to load do not load.  I'm at a loss...I've corresponded with Control4 via Facebook and tried all of there suggestions and nothing has worked.  If anyone has something else I can try I would appreciate any assistance.

• 1 year later...

Was this ever solved??? I have the same problem on my MacBook.

"The Control4 for PC-Mac software stopped working on my MacBook Pro.  I've uninstalled Adobe Air and Control4 for PC-Mac multiple times and nothing changes.  I've searched folders for anything Adobe Air and Control 4 related and deleted those files and reinstalled and nothing changes.  When I open the software I get a black screen.  The menus for Control4 for PC-Mac that are supposed to load do not load.  I'm at a loss...I've corresponded with Control4 via Facebook and tried all of there suggestions and nothing has worked.  If anyone has something else I can try I would appreciate any assistance."

There's a few other things that could  be getting in the way. Has the pc/mac app always worked until recent?  Maybe your controller needs a "patch"?  What os is the controller on? Is the controller still registered in your control4 account?  What controller is it?  Does it have a site licence?  While you're in your account,  check the devices in the list. Is your pc enabled?

OK,  The app on my MAC has not worked for years, all other connected devices work just fine.  The controller is running on 2.10.2.549842-res and the controller is registered. Verified on mycontrol4.com.  The controller is control4_ea5_000FFF.......with continuous site license, but my PC is not shown as a device in the device list.  When I launch the app on my mac it never gets to the point to register it.

Thanks for your help.

The only way I manged to fix this error is to totally format my drive, have a new OS install and it worked ever since, I never managed to know what is the exact problem.  A painful way but it worked for me ... 

• 3 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 5:27 AM, msgreenf said:

In the finder go to go --> Go to Folder. Type ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AIR/ELS/ and press enter

delete the myhome folder and relaunch the myhome app, it will now ask you to login and again and work

Just started have this issue after years OF NO ISSUES. Delete the folder all i get is black box, update flash, air and app.  ......f...

Archived