C4 Forums | Control4

Aprilaire C4-THERM Wiring help on Train system & any recommendations?

tims

Hi Guys,
I have C4 Therm to test out but when I went to wire it up with my Train system there are wires in my honeywell Stat that do not exist in the aprilaire. 

A black wire i the E slot (no E slot on the Aprilaire)
A white wire in the Aux slot (not available i the Aprilaire)

Once I get this setup is there any standard setup that I should use to be aware of?

I am not stuck on this Tstat I just need to be sure that what I get would work with C4 and my system overall and I will need 4 of them. 

Thanks guys

Lookup manual to your specific Honeywell and find out what function is E and Aux is for and match to what function that is for aprilaire. As for ANY standard setup depends on what the AC guy is using what wire for said function (I.e. - I've seen black used for Common and blue for something else). Blue is usually your Common wire. As for functionality, the Aprilaire should accommodate newer AC functions just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tims . . . funnyfarm299 is correct!  You're reading the wrong wiring side of the wiring.  Look at your inside labels to determine what color wires are going to what terminal.  But as I said in my last post, pull the wiring diagram for that model thermostat and make sure that you match up the specific function to the Aprilaire.  An HVAC guy can use whatever wires HE wants to use when wiring to the unit.  It would be cheaper to have a 1 time visit by an HVAC professional to confirm where each wire is going, wire your thermostat, and configure features that are not 'enabled' by default, then to mess something up on your unit.  I wish there was an industry standard that HVAC professionals must follow, but here are the recommended uses for single stage heat pump:

G:  Blower. (ON when any heating or cooling is called for)

Y:  Compressor.  (ON when either A/C or Heating is called for from the heat pump)

O:  Reversing valve.  (Typical wiring, ON = cooling mode, OFF = heating mode)

B:  Reversing valve.  (Alternate wiring, ON = heating mode, OFF = cooling mode)

W:  Auxiliary heat, stage 1

E:  Emergency heat (in emergency mode 'Y' is not energized and E is energized to indicate the need for emergency heat.  This mode is used if the heat pump fails during cold winter temperatures and the compressor must remain off.)

C:  Common (low voltage power used to power most current thermostats)

R:  +24vac

NOTE:  Either 'O' or 'B' is used depending on the system, but not both.  Also, systems with advanced features (i.e. - dual heat pump, dehumidification, etc.) can be wired with the Aprilaire, but some of these features are not enabled in the menu settings on the thermostat, and will need to be 'enabled'.  So it is imperative that you know exactly where each wire is going and exactly what features are needing to function on your specific unit/setup.  That 1 time visit will leave you with (hopefully) a wiring diagram of your specific wires, what features are a part of your specific unit, which you can use for future reference.

Ok guys I put this together which includes the wiring schema for Aprilaire, The Stat I have by honeywell then the wiring I have now. It looks according to honeywell that the wiring might match the dehumidifier system which I know i have... Let know know your thoughts and from what I see (once I confirm the wiring I can trace it) I just want you guys opinion.. Thanks!

58e28e8bac542_AprilaireTstat.thumb.png.e69612907acff60f33297f28490e054f.png

Archived