C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Anthem MDX-8 / MDX-16 multi-channel amplifier driver (FREE)

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png

Chowmain - FREE Anthem MDX-8 and MDX-16 Driver

The Anthem MDX Series are the first distribution systems to feature fully powered independent-zone subwoofer connections, as well as ARC® Genesis room correction for each zone. 

MDX Series features today’s cutting-edge Anthem amplifier technology so you can expect smooth, efficient, consistent high power and reliability. MDX Series is engineered to simplify your next custom audio system installation, and to blow your clients away with extreme performance in any setup. 

The MDX-8 and MDX-16 drivers for Control4 allows the following functionality. 

Features

• IP & RS232 control (115200 baud no flow control) 
  • Individual zone commands for the following 
    • Volume Up/Down/Set 
    • Mute On/Off/Toggle 
    • Switch Inputs and Zones 
    • Set Global 
    • Set Bass 
    • Set Treble 
    • Volume 
    • Power on volume 
    • Max volume 
  • Individual zone feedback for the following 
    • Volume 
    • Mute 
    • Power 
    • Input 
    • Bass 
    • Treble 

FAQ 

Can you provide more information about the amplifier? 

You can find out more information about the MDX series of amplifiers via the following URL. 

https://www.anthemav.com/products-current/series=mdx-series 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver is FREE of charge and can be downloaded from the Chowmain website. 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
This driver is supported by Anthem AV. 
mdx-8.png 

• 1 month later...

On 9/21/2019 at 3:04 AM, jackstone said:

This driver miss the Analog Out (RCA) for zone 6 and 7... Possible to add them?

Think Justin replied to your email.  Our pre-production model had different I/Os.  He will get that sorted for you and issue the update via our website.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:41 PM, alanchow said:

Think Justin replied to your email.  Our pre-production model had different I/Os.  He will get that sorted for you and issue the update via our website.

Yes I got the email and the new driver, it seems fine, will confirm once I get back on the job site but i'm not worried. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Running Control 4 v 3.1, MDX16 FW 0.2.9513 and driver v151. When you disable a zone in the Control4 app, it does not power off the zone on the amp or otherwise stop sending audio to the zone from the current session. A quick example - I play audio in the kitchen. I then move to the solarium. I deselect the kitchen and select the solarium. Now, the solarium AND kitchen are playing the audio. Expected behavior is that audio only plays in the selected rooms.

See photo... the kitchen still has audio as does the solarium. Yes, I have indeed pressed done..

IMG_1130.PNG

6 hours ago, BubbaDuck said:

Running Control 4 v 3.1, MDX16 FW 0.2.9513 and driver v151. When you disable a zone in the Control4 app, it does not power off the zone on the amp or otherwise stop sending audio to the zone from the current session. A quick example - I play audio in the kitchen. I then move to the solarium. I deselect the kitchen and select the solarium. Now, the solarium AND kitchen are playing the audio. Expected behavior is that audio only plays in the selected rooms.

See photo... the kitchen still has audio as does the solarium. Yes, I have indeed pressed done..

I did not write this driver so can't comment on what the problem could possibly be.  Please get your dealer to contact our technical support for assistance with the driver so we can troubleshoot.  Note we may need to remotely access the system to figure out what could be the problem.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/support

4 hours ago, BubbaDuck said:

Ah, my mistake. I thought it was a ChowMain driver - but rather it sounds like you're distributing it only. Cool, I'll run this through Anthem.

We did write it.  Just that I did not write it personally.

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, Lashlaru said:

Hello, Please i recently install the mdx-16 with the Elan driver via IP, but I cant control the mdx from Elan for some reason, its not been responsive any ideas what could be the problem?

This is a Control4 forum not Elan forum. Please contact your Elan dealer or Chowmain technical support...

Thanks 

Muj

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.