C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Front Door video to Tv or Amazon Show

Nehsmit

If so, I would think that would have to happen between Ring and Amazon, without Control4 being involved (except possibly to turn on the TV and switch to the correct input).  On the TV, what method were you trying to use to display the video from Ring?  

I haven't tried TV. Was wondering if there was a way. Works on Amazon but dont know how to automatically have it flip to the camera. I have to actually ask Alexa to show me my front door. Was wondering if there were any drivers to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Nehsmit said:

Is it possible to program video to show up from a Ring Front doorbell on pressing it to either my Echo Show or any TV? Currently i can ask Alexa to show me my front door but I'd like it to automatically do it.

depends on the device you are having display video on the TV. You could use a routine in alexa to activate the room and select the correct inputs and power it off. Could get more complex and use a snapshot and just return to the previous state too i bet

1 minute ago, Matt Lowe said:

depends on the device you are having display video on the TV. You could use a routine in alexa to activate the room and select the correct inputs and power it off. Could get more complex and use a snapshot and just return to the previous state too i bet

looks like the fire tv has it. so you might be able to use a  custom mini app to pull the app on the fire tv.  you would need the ring driver from @Kevin L. then on doorbell press activate the mini app and what ever else programming you would want.

looks like the fire tv has it. so you might be able to use a  custom mini app to pull the app on the fire tv.  you would need the ring driver from [mention=122308]Kevin L[/mention]. then on doorbell press activate the mini app and what ever else programming you would want.

So I have a bunch of fire TV and fire cube. I have a ring driver as well I thinj black wire. If you could do it I'm game.

Just now, Nehsmit said:

So I have a bunch of fire TV and fire cube. I have a ring driver as well I thinj black wire. If you could do it I'm game.

think you need to watch the lua of the Fire tv and see if it puts out an app code so that you can use the mini app driver. If you can find that out its really easy to program

think you need to watch the lua of the Fire tv and see if it puts out an app code so that you can use the mini app driver. If you can find that out its really easy to program

Ok. I have no idea what a mini app is though. I'll look at the fire TV app in my composer.

Just now, Nehsmit said:

Ok. I have no idea what a mini app is though. I'll look at the fire TV app in my composer.

kinda like a shortcut for the firetv apps like netflix etc.  Basically its a code that gets sent to the fire tv to open a specific app. So if you can see what the code is in lua as you open the ring app should be doable. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.