C4 Forums | Control4

Pakedge Network Devices

esanto1

I bit the bullet bought my first pakedge device and replaced one of my Unifi room switches with a pakedge one as my wife didn’t like the front facing ports of old switch. Nice switch and have it POE powered too. 
Configuration is straightforward but not as easy as with Unifi. 

one gripe I do have is that an end user can’t even update the firmware themselves! I have a good relationship with my dealer and he emailed it to me but I think that’s a bit of a pain. I thought that since you could configure the device yourself you could also do basic functions like update the firmware. 

Otherwise it’s been a few weeks now and the switch has been stable. At this stage I don’t  think I’ll replace any more devices. Am waiting to see what happens with the whole C4/SnapAV merger. 

2 hours ago, esanto1 said:

I bit the bullet bought my first pakedge device and replaced one of my Unifi room switches with a pakedge one as my wife didn’t like the front facing ports of old switch. Nice switch and have it POE powered too. 
Configuration is straightforward but not as easy as with Unifi. 

one gripe I do have is that an end user can’t even update the firmware themselves! I have a good relationship with my dealer and he emailed it to me but I think that’s a bit of a pain. I thought that since you could configure the device yourself you could also do basic functions like update the firmware. 

Otherwise it’s been a few weeks now and the switch has been stable. At this stage I don’t  think I’ll replace any more devices. Am waiting to see what happens with the whole C4/SnapAV merger. 

That merger has been a while now, seems like this is what will happen with that merger. But I understand waiting, especially if you don't HAVE to change anything out. 

Yep. Waiting to see if they’ll merge Pakedge and Araknis and consolidate support (ovrc or BakPak). 

I’m hoping they change 4sight to maybe a tiered model. For people just using it for network/device monitoring it should be free and if it’s used for video with the doorbell or intercom, then have a small fee. 
preferably I’d like it to be all free but if not, this would be good.

12 minutes ago, esanto1 said:

Yep. Waiting to see if they’ll merge Pakedge and Araknis and consolidate support (ovrc or BakPak). 

I’m hoping they change 4sight to maybe a tiered model. For people just using it for network/device monitoring it should be free and if it’s used for video with the doorbell or intercom, then have a small fee. 
preferably I’d like it to be all free but if not, this would be good.

Doubt they would tier it when they can get that $

On 11/27/2019 at 1:46 PM, ILoveC4 said:

I called Pakedge support and they wouldn’t talk to me. I asked him what I should do if I don’t have a dealer that can call on my behalf and he suggested I throw it out and buy something else. 

Pakedge customer service provided support to me when I got my RK-1, and he knew I wasnt a dealer. I would still like access to BakPak. I have the RK-1, P-8 PDU, WK-1, and 2 P-2 PDU's

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, ILoveC4 said:

I got a little help from a friend and was able to setup a Bakpak account. It’s pretty cool! It isn’t as in-depth as the Unifi stuff was at my old house, but does have some good reports and makes it easy to categorize/label devices and get alerts when certain things happen. 

I still have more playing around with it to do. I also haven’t taken the time to create and VLAN/Zones just yet (and may not).

Can you offer any insight as to how I might also setup a Bakpak account?  My efforts to reach out to Pakedge and setup an account for end user remote access have been futile.  It really is frustrating that there is zero end user remote accessibility with hardware like Pakedge when much cheaper products are available with "free" services.  Surely there must be a way to setup a Bakpak account even for a fee to allow end user access

Can you offer any insight as to how I might also setup a Bakpak account?  My efforts to reach out to Pakedge and setup an account for end user remote access have been futile.  It really is frustrating that there is zero end user remote accessibility with hardware like Pakedge when much cheaper products are available with "free" services.  Surely there must be a way to setup a Bakpak account even for a fee to allow end user access

I can’t, I’m sorry. Maybe this will make you feel better though - I’ve never found use to login in again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.