C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo Remote

William

Question

13 answers to this question

No I don’t. I’ve thought about getting it but one I have a Mac and two I don’t want to break anything!

Are the Neeo custom buttons a separate thing in Composer or are they simply custom buttons for each room that will also be seen on T3’s etc?

1 hour ago, William said:

No I don’t. I’ve thought about getting it but one I have a Mac and two I don’t want to break anything!

Are the Neeo custom buttons a separate thing in Composer or are they simply custom buttons for each room that will also be seen on T3’s etc?

They’re separate and specific to the NEEO. They’re called “Remote Focused Buttons”.

4 hours ago, William said:

Composer HE has worked really well for me in Parallels so it's still possible with a Mac. Lots of good tutorials and helpful people on here to keep you from breaking things too! 

17 minutes ago, rea said:

Composer HE has worked really well for me in Parallels so it's still possible with a Mac. Lots of good tutorials and helpful people on here to keep you from breaking things too! 

Yeah, I'm a Mac guy too and run it using VMWare Fusion (have also used VirtualBox in the past, which is free and worked great).

Thanks - Until now When>Then has allowed me to do pretty much everything I’ve needed including programming the custom buttons on my SR260’s. Does anyone know if the Neeo will appear in When>Then any time soon? Sorry for all the questions, one day I hope to be able to answer a few! 

4 hours ago, William said:

Thanks - Until now When>Then has allowed me to do pretty much everything I’ve needed including programming the custom buttons on my SR260’s. Does anyone know if the Neeo will appear in When>Then any time soon? Sorry for all the questions, one day I hope to be able to answer a few! 

A defect has been entered for this issue, but I don't know how soon it will get addressed.

Sorry.

RyanE

1 minute ago, ILoveC4 said:

Standard? They have Home Edition and Pro Edition. Home Edition is for homeowners, Pro is for Pros (installers/dealers). You can do it in both. 

Yes, when I meant Pro or non-HE.  in HE I've been able to make the custom buttons but haven't been able to associate the buttons to programming - where is that done?

Just now, WisC4 said:

Yes, when I meant Pro or non-HE.  in HE I've been able to make the custom buttons but haven't been able to associate the buttons to programming - where is that done?

In the section marked “Programming”. Look in the bottom left of the application. 

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

In the section marked “Programming”. Look in the bottom left of the application. 

I've tried that but can't seem to tie the buttons to a macro or an advanced lighting scene...I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Figured it out.  Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.