C4 Forums | Control4

Roku Audio Sync Issues

Time2Jet

All of my Roku mini apps on one box to one zone seem to have an issue with audio sync. I have 3 Rokus and this one is one that runs to my main Zone through my Denon AVR. I have another Roku (also matrixed via the Denon) extended to another TV via HDMI then optical out to Sonos, that one has no such issues. It’s just with the passive Denon driven zone. Could be coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Aha! thanks
Sadly I thought you meant that was a Control4 setting 

Why don’t you post your precise scenario? Someone here could/might be able to help.  Collectively, we’ve seen just about everything.  If it’s intermittent, could be a pause/play can sometimes correct it. There are a bunch of simple possibilities, so my bet is it can be corrected if we know what your doing equipwise.

Example:

ATV>AVR>TxBalun>Cat6a>RxBalun>Samsung Qled (be precise about each device in the flow).

5 hours ago, time2jet said:

Why don’t you post your precise scenario? Someone here could/might be able to help.  Collectively, we’ve seen just about everything.  If it’s intermittent, could be a pause/play can sometimes correct it. There are a bunch of simple possibilities, so my bet is it can be corrected if we know what your doing equipwise.

Example:

ATV>AVR>TxBalun>Cat6a>RxBalun>Samsung Qled (be precise about each device in the flow).

Couldn't be simpler! (or so I thought 😒)

Amplifier pre-amp out (RCA) --> Audio in HC-250 audio out --> Power sub (RCA)

Delay/latency between amp (speakers) & sub is > 3 seconds. 😲 

I've timed it (pause play & listen  to sub still going).

Zero delay with straightforward AV lead

Why am I doing this? Want to be able to control sub volume from anywhere in the house...........

Not using HC-250 HDMI out (hoped it might help............)

9 hours ago, msgreenf said:

When you run audio through a controller it has to digitize the input to the output so that creates a lag

Clear & concise! 👍

And I wouldn't be surprised if you then say; reconverts to analogue to send to audio out......

The big question; any there any ways of telling the controller to either bypass or speed up digitisation?

28 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You can switch off HDMI audio. But not sure what that will achieve for you.

That doesn't sound hopeful 🙃

Read few posts o hear about HDMI audio being responsible for latency; clearly not relevant in this case.

Lest it's ever relevant for me; how is it switched on on an HC-250

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.