C4 Forums | Control4

Program garage door timer notification with Composer HE

Jaywill10

Question

I have 2 garage doors on control4. In composer HE I programed a notification saying the doors have been opened or closed. I want to create a timer notification indicating that the garage has been open for 15 minutes. I have partly got that to work. When the door is left open I get the notification, however, I also get the notification after 15 minutes when the door is closed telling me its open. I'm not sure how to get it so the timer resets when closed but stops it from going off. I have attached a screen capture of current programming.

Image 1.PNG

Image 2.PNG

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

Bingo

Now it's an if. Before it wasnt

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for your help! Do I have set anything to reset the timer for the next use or does that automatically happen?

6 hours ago, Jaywill10 said:

Awesome, thanks for your help! Do I have set anything to reset the timer for the next use or does that automatically happen?

1. If I'm understanding what you want to do, it might be more reliable to "reset" timers instead of "starting" them.  "Reset" always starts from time zero, while "Start" just picks up from wherever it was last stopped.  The documentation that @South Africa C4 user mentioned can help clarify these issues a bit better.

2. Also, I think you want to add another IF statement in the "state change" screen so that you stop the timer if the garage door has closed.  Otherwise, as far as I can tell, your timer is going to keep resetting, running again, and throwing off notifications every 15 minutes, even after the door is closed.

Hope everything works well for you.  I have a very similar setup to warn of an open garage door after 15 minutes, and it is a lifesaver!  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.