C4 Forums | Control4

Real Voice control with Control4 Video

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very cool Joe, thanks for sharing.

Can you share further what's required for that integration, and the end products look like? Cost?

This is intriguing, voice control is growing more and more prevalent everyday.

Oh, lordy, lordy. Guess I'm going to have to pick up a short consulting gig somewhere -- I've got to have that and I think getting wife's approval to just write a check for it will be "difficult".

She's going say, "And we need that .... why?" And I'll say, "But honey, you got the new Audi, I have to drive the other one." And I'll still lose. :D:D

But jeez, that's impressive. Only thing I didn't like was that he had to hold the device pretty close. But that might have a lot to do with background noise in the exhibit hall.

Guys on the price point you can email me about as I am not allowed to publicly put it on the web. As far as I know the small handheld is available now, you can contact me about it, and the first rev of the 7" is in about 3 weeks. We are also conjointly work on a "hands free model" and a headset model.

Also note that you do not have to hold it that close! We were simply trying to overcome the loudness of the EHX floor and while the video was going the C4 partner pavilion was packed.

Got some other cool news I will break a little later today with a video!

OH and Dan... you are gonna want the Avoca product, I am serious when I say I have never seen one so complete that actually works, even when you have a thick accent like Ian from Avoca. The product rocks!

I know right? Bout time someone steps up to the plate on this one. The first time I saw this in 2009 I was a skeptic as it was in early development. But now I am blown away! I mean Cody if you had talked to the guy you would have stood there slack jawed!

I just ordered one of these bad boys' date=' with the 7" touchpanel. They suspect it will ship in about one month.

I'm stoked.

Stay tuned, I will put this thing through its paces....[/quote']

So how much does this cost, I sent 2 emails without a response.

I just got their permission to disclose the pricing (just wanted to make sure it was public knowledge). MSRP is $1,499, which includes their 7" Touchpanel.

Looks amazing but I wonder how well it will work in a large complex system. If you have a lot of movies and lighting scenes will it confuse similar sounding commands? My experience with voice recognition is that it is getting better but it's not there yet.

Archived