C4 Forums | Control4

Real Voice control with Control4 Video

This seems super cool, but like others have said, my experience with voice control has been just OK so far. I'd like to know it works like a champ for $1500. That being said, I completely expect that Dan will be able to tell me if it's money well spent or not. :>

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This seems super cool, but like others have said, my experience with voice control has been just OK so far. I'd like to know it works like a champ for $1500. That being said, I completely expect that Dan will be able to tell me if it's money well spent or not. :>

I sure will. I'll say it how it is, makes no difference to me.

This has incredible wow factor if it can be executed correctly. Imagine how cool it would be to interface with Sonos through the EV driver... "Play Billboard Top 100 hits"! Looking forward to some testing.

Edited to add -- If voice commands could be issued through the intercom mics on the Infinity TS, or impressing your friends by having the system issue announcements after certain commands, there is so much potential here.

Already writing the how to on part of that now. Keep your eye on CePro where I touch on the subject a little more as a prequel to the Functional Editorial. I will give the hint now that a major point in the future development of this technology depends on acceptance and market deployment of the product.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone manage to get their hands on one of these yet?

Nope, they haven't shipped yet. As of the date that I said I order mine, they said it would be about 30 days.

I don't think they've charged me yet either. I'll follow up tomorrow because they should be shipping soon.

In my head I was thinking the 15th or so...

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with Ian, the President at Avoca Semiconductor. He said they've had some delays in getting the Flash Navigator ported over to their 7" tablet, but they think they have a solution and hope to have it in place in the next day or two. Once that is done they can start scheduling deliveries, but it looks like another 30 days or more.

He said he's drafting a press release which he'll send out shortly to the "early adopters" that are waiting for product. That press release will hopefully include more info.

I want this =(

• 2 months later...

They're having issues....who know's if it will even happen. I withdrew my standing order. If they're having this much problem getting it out the door I can only imagine how lackluster the future support would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Since that spammer brought this thread back up I figured I'd update those who care. In the past 3 weeks I have left two voice messages with these guys, nobody answers the phone and nobody has returned my calls. I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing this product (at least from these guys) anytime soon.

Since that spammer brought this thread back up I figured I'd update those who care. In the past 3 weeks I have left two voice messages with these guys, nobody answers the phone and nobody has returned my calls. I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing this product (at least from these guys) anytime soon.

It sounds sad (((

Do u know any other solutions from other guys ? ;)

• 4 months later...
I've just stumbled on this thread.

OMG.... I'm, sooo over this sort of nonsense from the home automation industry.

This is just the sort of interactive product that is badly needed...

Too bad this product never came out, it seemed like an infinitely better touchscreen than the portable C4 just came out with.

chesterwilson, according to the President of that company...nobody could get Control4's UI to run on their touchpanel. I have no idea why. I spoke with him several times on the phone and that was always the hang up...they'd been trying and trying to get the Control4 UI to run on their device and couldn't do it.

I have no idea why or if they finally gave up on it. I would assume they have, because he hasn't returned a call to me in more than 6 months and they aren't providing any updates.

This is something that I was REALLY excited about, but for whatever reason it seems to have gone by the wayside.

chesterwilson, according to the President of that company...nobody could get Control4's UI to run on their touchpanel. I have no idea why. I spoke with him several times on the phone and that was always the hang up...they'd been trying and trying to get the Control4 UI to run on their device and couldn't do it.

I have no idea why or if they finally gave up on it. I would assume they have, because he hasn't returned a call to me in more than 6 months and they aren't providing any updates.

This is something that I was REALLY excited about, but for whatever reason it seems to have gone by the wayside.

Wow that is a little tough to believe. You would think C4 would work with the company to make it work. Its really a game changer.

chesterwilson' date=' according to the President of that company...nobody could get Control4's UI to run on their touchpanel. I have no idea why. I spoke with him several times on the phone and that was always the hang up...they'd been trying and trying to get the Control4 UI to run on their device and couldn't do it.

This is something that I was REALLY excited about, but for whatever reason it seems to have gone by the wayside.[/quote']

Wow that is a little tough to believe. You would think C4 would work with the company to make it work. Its really a game changer.

My thought too. Maybe Control4 plans to release this "soon" (2015?) and so they didn't help. Maybe the company it's incompetent and bankrupt. I have no idea.

Either way it's too bad.

Control4 doesn't discuss interaction or work done with partners, so you won't hear the full story, but Control4 had been working with Avoca Semi for quite a while.

It'd certainly be a shame if they didn't end up making anything, but unfortunately, partnerships don't always work out.

RyanE

Archived