C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Sainsmart iMatic v2 IP Relay Board Driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p 

Chowmain - SainSmart iMatic v2 

The SainSmart iMatic V2 provides 8 x 250V/AC 10A Relays channels that is controlled over ethernet TCP/IP. This unit is extremely affordable, is powered via a local 12vdc supply and is also din mountable. Other integrated solutions cost anywhere from 3 times to 10 times more. This is by far the cheapest way to integrate relays into Control4. 

Features 

• IP Controllable
  • On/Off/Toggle/Pulse Relays
  • Two way feedback 
  • Fast Switching - Commands fire in 100ms intervals 
  • Extremely Affordable 
  • Combine with Chowmain Relay to Light driver for lighting control. 

Use Case Examples

• Connect lighting, sprinklers, garage doors/gates, motorised blinds/shades/windows/screens, door locks and other relay controlled devices to the system.
  • Combine with our relay to light driver to display as lighting in Control4. 

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can i purchase this unit??

This unit can be purchased from the Sainsmart website. Direct link below 

http://www.sainsmart.com/sainsmart-rj45-tcp-ip-remote-controller-board-with-8-channels-relay-integrated.html

Why can't i trigger all the relays at once?

Due to limitations in the device we can only send 1 command at a time per request. Each request is sent immediately after we receive a reply. As such you may notice a slight popcorn effect (for aproximately 100 milliseconds from our tests) especially in devices such as blinds and lights. 

Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above? 
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compremised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website

Download Installation Guide

How do I buy the driver?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary.

sainsmart.png

• 4 weeks later...

When using this driver and SainSmart iMatic V2, I have the following problem:

When the relay properties are set to "pulse" in composer, the first pulse command to the relay causes it to close, and it remains closed.  The next pulse command causes the relay to pulse open and the return to closed again.  I can make the connection in composer to an IOX or HC relay and do not experience this.  If I set the relay for "toggle" in composer, it works as expected.

I am using several of these units to automate bay doors. A quick fix for this is to just wire the relays for N/C and then the pulse works great once it has been commanded for the first time.  However, if the SainSmart unit ever resets, all of the relays return to the defaulted open state and all of my doors will open/close unexpectedly since they would be wired for N/C.

1 hour ago, motormation said:

When the relay properties are set to "pulse" in composer, the first pulse command to the relay causes it to close, and it remains closed.  The next pulse command causes the relay to pulse open and the return to closed again.  I can make the connection in composer to an IOX or HC relay and do not experience this.  If I set the relay for "toggle" in composer, it works as expected.

I am using several of these units to automate bay doors. A quick fix for this is to just wire the relays for N/C and then the pulse works great once it has been commanded for the first time.  However, if the SainSmart unit ever resets, all of the relays return to the defaulted open state and all of my doors will open/close unexpectedly since they would be wired for N/C.

@alanchow

2 hours ago, motormation said:

Replicated and fixed.  Driver will now go NC then NO rather than what it did before which was NO then NC.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a flaky IO Extender, I just need one serial port more than the nearby HC800 supplies.  Is this pretty much a drop-in replacement for the serial port on a HC800 controller?  I think so but wanting to verify.

• 8 months later...

Archived