C4 Forums | Control4

Phillip Hue Sensors

Gary Leeds UK

• 10 months later...
On 26/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, k3nnis said:

Hi,

so we can get these instead of control 4 motion sensor? Works the same?

Hi k3nnis,

Sure, you need a Phillips Hue Gateway and then can add as many sensors within radio range as you wish. You just have to connect a "C4 Motion Sensor" driver to this drivers output. The temperature can be also retrieved using a connection to a "Temperature Display Driver OS 2.10+" or a thermostat to the referenced temperature output.

Best regards, Bogdan

Hi k3nnis,
Sure, you need a Phillips Hue Gateway and then can add as many sensors within radio range as you wish. You just have to connect a "C4 Motion Sensor" driver to this drivers output. The temperature can be also retrieved using a connection to a "Temperature Display Driver OS 2.10+" or a thermostat to the referenced temperature output.
Best regards, Bogdan

Thanks. Is there temperature feature only useful if you have hvac integration with C4? I don’t have aircond connected to C4. Also if this is true I will just keep using 2.91 without temperature reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 29/01/2018 at 8:19 AM, k3nnis said:

Thanks. Is there temperature feature only useful if you have hvac integration with C4? I don’t have aircond connected to C4. Also if this is true I will just keep using 2.91 without temperature reading.

Hi k3nnis, I don't have any HVAC integrated, I just use the data for displaying it in the Android app. The movement sensors trigger a push notification when alarm is armed and motion detected.

Hi k3nnis, I don't have any HVAC integrated, I just use the data for displaying it in the Android app. The movement sensors trigger a push notification when alarm is armed and motion detected.

Thanks bogdy. Is the push notification an email? Sorry if this sounds silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this looks very interesting so I bought a sensor & hue bridge to try the driver out. I am having trouble setting it up as it's asking for hue lights of which I do not have and did not intend to use as i'm putting in a panelized lighting system

so is it the case I cannot add the sensor to the bridge until I have added a Hue light?

thanks

3 hours ago, tonysss13 said:

this looks very interesting so I bought a sensor & hue bridge to try the driver out. I am having trouble setting it up as it's asking for hue lights of which I do not have and did not intend to use as i'm putting in a panelized lighting system

so is it the case I cannot add the sensor to the bridge until I have added a Hue light?

thanks

Sorry, I only tried to add a sensor after I already had the light in the system. Can't you just skip this configuration telling the device that it is used by external app (like homekit)?

Archived