C4 Forums | Control4

Can I change control4 dealers

geckoutca

Question

I currently had most of my house done by a dealer but one of the last installs now has me ready to part ways with my current dealer and considering going with another company to finish my install. Can this even occur? Can multiple dealers do installs?  Can they be changed out?  Is it as simple as creating another acct in my online ?

thx in advance

bo

7 answers to this question

Log into your account at:  customer.control4.com, click on 'Account' and then choose 'Edit' in the upper right corner.  You'll notice the screen changes to allow you to edit, scroll to the bottom and you can change the dealer of record at this point.  FYI - you will need to know the name of the business (as it is registered with Control4), click 'Save' and you're done.

5 hours ago, geckoutca said:

Can multiple dealers do installs?

Yes. From MY experience, it is going to cost more unless the original dealer did it just like the new dealer wanted. But don't let that stop you. As Eddy said, it is important to have a good relationship with your dealer. 

8 hours ago, geckoutca said:

I currently had most of my house done by a dealer but one of the last installs now has me ready to part ways with my current dealer and considering going with another company to finish my install. Can this even occur? Can multiple dealers do installs?  Can they be changed out?  Is it as simple as creating another acct in my online ?

thx in advance

bo

Post in the looking for integrator forum request a new dealer and when you find one you change your dealer to them on my.control4.com.  

Archived