C4 Forums | Control4

Programming Keypad

I can't figure out why when I'm programming one of my keypads and hit "execute" the script works fine - but when I go to the switch and triple tap the top button it doesn't do anything other than turn on the light in the room even though it's supposed to turn on about 6 lights in the house. Is there some type of save or apply command I'm supposed to do before it will work on the keypad?

If it's a dimmer keypad you probably still have that button set to control the load.  You need to switch button behavior to keypad in the properties of the keypad.  Then, as mentioned you'd want to bind the lighting scene to that button. 

4 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

If it's a dimmer keypad you probably still have that button set to control the load.  You need to switch button behavior to keypad in the properties of the keypad.  Then, as mentioned you'd want to bind the lighting scene to that button. 

the mode of the button does not matter. it can be set to anything and if there is programming programmed to it will execute. I think your keypad is probably not have the correct keys or you are programming to the wrong button. try setting the programming to the press instead of triple tap and see if that works. if that does that means the button could be broken or worn and not registering a triple tap correctly. you could try some press and hold programming in its place.

21 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Unless what it is bound to is a scene that turns off all lights except the one that it turns on... 

unlikely but a theoretical possibility...

even then the programming to turn the lights off would happen first then the programming to turn it on

22 hours ago, Srikter said:

Tried that and when I execute the scene on Composer HE it works but when I hit the keypad 3x to activate the scene it doesn't work.  

In case it is programmed right, you have only 1 second to execute the triple tap.  It can be a pain if you can't tap fast enough

If the time for you to tap the button exceeds 1.5 seconds, there is a way to program it using a timer. Then the tap can be as long as you want based on the timer you set. For help in this, let me know and I will show you an example.

Happy Automating!!

Archived