C4 Forums | Control4

Media Scan broken in 2.10 - confirmed

jfh

Control4 support has confirmed that there are issues with media scan in 2.10.

Cover art is not being updated properly during a scan.  It is being found/created if you edit an item manually in Composer, but not during a scan.

Cover art is also not being restored from backups to the proper directory on the controller, but it's not clear if that problem is unique to my setup or related to the above.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

Control4 support has confirmed that there are issues with media scan in 2.10.

Cover art is not being updated properly during a scan.  It is being found/created if you edit an item manually in Composer, but not during a scan.

Cover art is also not being restored from backups to the proper directory on the controller, but it's not clear if that problem is unique to my setup or related to the above.

Hmmm... hopefully that does not impact my scheduled daily scan... although I don't think I update cover art on albums that have it already - certainly hope not. Off to check my library now!

16 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Hmmm... hopefully that does not impact my scheduled daily scan... although I don't think I update cover art on albums that have it already - certainly hope not. Off to check my library now!

We suspect any existing art that was displayed prior to a scan in 2.10 will still be displayed, but any new (or replacement) art will not be (including any art you try to update or rescan).

So if you are seeing cover art in 2.10 now, I'm guessing you won't see art for any new albums found during a scan.

50 minutes ago, jfh said:

We suspect any existing art that was displayed prior to a scan in 2.10 will still be displayed, but any new (or replacement) art will not be (including any art you try to update or rescan).

So if you are seeing cover art in 2.10 now, I'm guessing you won't see art for any new albums found during a scan.

Thanks... that is exactly what I am seeing...

I noticed recently that new music was not showing up. I've tried manual scans, nightly scheduled scans, and "adding" via composer and scanning, but nothing works. The original music is there, but no new items are added. This is slightly different from what others have reported, so I wanted to mention it here. Perhaps it's related, perhaps not. Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

• 3 months later...
On 2017/9/18 at 4:14 AM, johnpg said:

I noticed recently that new music was not showing up. I've tried manual scans, nightly scheduled scans, and "adding" via composer and scanning, but nothing works. The original music is there, but no new items are added. This is slightly different from what others have reported, so I wanted to mention it here. Perhaps it's related, perhaps not. Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

I have the same problem, Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I managed to fix mine myself the other day.

When I updated to 2.10, for some reason the scan failed to pick up almost all my cover art.

I updated to 2.10.1 and still the same problem.

I had to go and manually re-embed the cover art onto all albums. I did this in a batch with the itsfv software which works alongside itunes.

Took a while, but after it completed I re-scanned with control4 and all the cover art is there again. Pain in the butt, but it's ok now. I have no idea what they did to the scanning in 2.10.

I hope this helps some people.

"iTSfv (iTunes Store file validator) is an open source addon for Windows. It is aimed for iTunes users who are keen on maintaining or having the goal of achieving iTunes Store file standard tags for all the tracks in their iTunes Music Library."

Basically when you have iTunes open, run iTSfv, it's in a standalone window. In iTunes, highlight an entire album of songs whose meta tags you want to 'validate' then go to iTSfv and click on the 'validate' tab, and then click the 'checks' and 'tracks' tabs and select the options that you want. Then click on the 'validate selected tracks' button and it will go through the album and embed the cover art into the metadata.

I've used this a long time so I went through and selected my whole library in iTunes in one go and let iTSfv do its thing.

Try tracks in one selected album first to make sure your options in iTSfv are ok and you don't need to re-tweak your options in iTSfv, because there are many options.

It's a free software and works fine.

I use it to embed cover art, properly capitalise letters in downloaded mp3s, validate tags....all that stuff.

It's a little unknown gem of a software. I can't do without it. 

Archived