C4 Forums | Control4

Can the 16 Zone Analog Audio Matrix be switched via generic software?

wappinghigh

I have a Control4 16 Zone analog Audio matrix.

Model No. 16ZAMSV3-B 

It is about 3 years old.

Is it possible to switch this using non Control4 software?

If so how and using what?

If I can't use generic software to control the switch, or even manually control it, it will be coming up for sale shortly (see my "For sale" thread)

Thank You.

W

I have a Control4 16 Zone analog Audio matrix.
Model No. 16ZAMSV3-B 
It is about 3 years old.
Is it possible to switch this using non Control4 software?
If so how and using what?
If I can't use generic software to control the switch, or even manually control it, it will be coming up for sale shortly (see my "For sale" thread)
Thank You.
W

No

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

is it theoretically possible, yes. practically speaking no. You would have to reverse engineer the api, cheaper to just buy a new amp and matrix

Sure. Lucky it is just a matrix and I can still use the Emotiva. Looks like it will cost more to ship in money and carbon than the price I get for it so it will probably just sit in the rack unplugged (as a heat sink) like all the other pieces of Chinese electronics I find no use for these days. At least the rare earth metals don't seep into landfill that way. I may end up keeping it due to a nostalgia for anything analog. I have a weird alternative view they might one day be worth something.. Who knows? W 

11 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Sure. I may try but probably no market here. We shall see. Some of my Sonos sold well. I'd actually  like it used by someone from this C4 community.. It has a good role in the right project  :) 

just shipping is going to kill making it economical for everyone

the 16x16 looks very similar to a zektor proaudio unit, and im sure they have manufactured solutions for a couple of the other control brands, so you might try downloading the user manual for that and seeing if the API works to control yours

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Appreciate it. Appreciate all your help as always over the years! Like I said I’m fine with it sitting unused a while if need be. This is going to be a slow but dignified exit. I have no bad feelings to anyone around here. Least of all my dealer who has been awesome. Remember Squeeze? That still has a nucleus of dedicated enthusiasts.... Who knows. We may all *really* need each other one day. Cheers and Rock on Control4.... W

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Appreciate it. Appreciate all your help as always over the years! Like I said I’m fine with it sitting unused a while if need be. This is going to be a slow but dignified exit. I have no bad feelings to anyone around here. Least of all my dealer who has been awesome. Remember Squeeze? That still has a nucleus of dedicated enthusiasts.... Who knows. We may all *really* need each other one day. Cheers and Rock on Control4.... emoji4.png W

What are you planning on switching to? I would love to chime in on a completely DIY setup thread to meet your needs and we can have a discussions of the pitfalls and enjoy playing devils advocate

What are you planning on switching to? I would love to chime in on a completely DIY setup thread to meet your needs and we can have a discussions of the pitfalls and enjoy playing devils advocate

Look I’m just not going to do that ok? Not that I wouldn’t *totally* love to- it’s just I’m not. I’ve learnt over the years that this is just not the forum to discuss such things. I need to move on. I have. W

9 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Look I’m just not going to do that ok? Not that I wouldn’t *totally* love to- it’s just I’m not. I’ve learnt over the years that this is just not the forum to discuss such things. I need to move on. I have. W

PM me, happy to talk through it. No koolaid just kicking ideas around

Yep. This certainly isn’t a place to discuss control solutions. Merely nothing more than a bitch board for your hatred towards Hollywood/HDMI. That’s what this forum is for

In all seriousness, I’m sure that amp COULD be controlled. I don’t know how good you are with Python and Wireshark, but I’d bet it wouldn’t take too long to get the commands for switching figured out.

Archived