C4 Forums | Control4

Quotes

F0ZZ

I have a few local dealers coming by to look over my system and provide quotes. My thoughts were to use a local dealer to do the initial programming just incase smething physical needs to be altered and then use remote dealers for add ons and other programming.

Are remote dealers able to do set up first time installations? Or should I stick to my local shops?

Do remote dealers provide quotes or is it more like it’s done when it’s done and the cost is what it is?

Maybe that sounds cheap? I’m not trying to be, I just want to know what I’m getting into before I pick a dealer.

It really depends on your DIY capabilities and available time. If you are very comfortable with networking, interconnect cabling,  IT / AV system troubleshooting and the like, then a remote dealer can work for you and can be a very efficient and convenient option. If these skills are not in your comfort zone use a local dealer if this is a new system install or a major upgrade.

It's not clear from your posting if this is a brand new installation or a system upgrade. 

It's next to impossible to quote fixed price for remote work since the dealer is stepping into a network and system set up  by others. Reasonably accurate budgeting is usually possible, but vagaries especially related to networking, can affect this.

My installation is new and I don’t expect a firm price, just a rough figure. I’m going to have the locals look at it first and go from there. I think it’s a fairly simple set up. The IR programming might be the toughest part just because I’m not using any duplicate devices.

23 minutes ago, F0ZZ said:

The IR programming might be the toughest part just because I’m not using any duplicate devices

:lol:

That proves this is new for you. Unless you have some really whack, out of norm, devices this is not an issue at all.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

:lol:

That proves this is new for you. Unless you have some really whack, out of norm, devices this is not an issue at all.

Umbilical still attached!

honestly, I think I have a very basic system. But until I have some experienced eyes on it, I won’t know for sure.

Archived