C4 Forums | Control4

Media Scan

On 6/6/2018 at 3:11 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

I would not worry about it saying drivers need updating when you logon with HE we have 48, however when my dealer came over to update

us to 2.10.2 he showed me that everything was up to date and updated the DS2 while I watch.

Looks like its a bug on HE

Actually, it's the number of local drivers on the computer running Composer that need updating.

Fun fact, ComposerHE is the exact same software with some buttons removed as Composer.  It also includes all the pre-installed drivers that installers use in Composer.  When using Composer, it's routine to update the drivers on the PC, but that capability is removed from ComposerHE.  So HE users can never change that number, because they can never run the driver update, but ComposerHE still checks every time, just like Composer does.  Usually it starts low when a new version is released, and creeps up over time as new drivers are released.

If you've ever wondered what it is that ComposerHE is doing when it counts to 500-something when you start it up - it's counting the local drivers available on your PC.  Those are the ones you can't update.

The icon and number are stupid where they are - right next to the controller IP/status, but it really has nothing to do with the controller.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I am having audio mp3 scanning issues. I added a folder to my NAS with 3 MP3 files in them on Sept 30th. I initiated a scan from Composer HE and it picked up the files and added them.

Yesterday, I added another folder with 5 MP3 files. I didn't do a manual scan and let my nightly scan pick it up. But, this morning, those songs were not on my music. I tried a manual scan and it just doesn't do anything. Usually, it goes through all the folders in my music folder on my NAS and adds any new albums. But, now, when I click on scan, it doesn't do anything. It just sits there "Connected to xx.xx.xx.xx (Controller IP)". Director status sits in "Idle".

It also shows that I have 71 driver updates pending. I am running 2.10.4 Composer HE.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chandra

Update --- I rebooted the C4 Director and then did a scan from Composer HE and it picked up the files on a scan. I'm hoping that I don't have to keep rebooting the director every time I add some songs.

I know this won’t help, but I’ve been having similar unreliability in the scanning of new content.  Eg, scheduled scan not updating with new content, manual scan from Composer Media Edition not working (initial message in the status bar that I can’t remember followed by director status idle).  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.  I’m going to get my dealer to check the Ea5 dns settings to make sure they are pointed to the router and not google.

• 5 months later...

I opened up the EA-5 in Windows Explorer (via Composer Tools, System Diagnostics, Logging, View Destination - to avoid needing username and password) and found a lot of songs in the media/net folder aren't showing in Composer's Network File Storage, Audio Media listing.

I have entire Discography's of artists in folder order and songs that are FLAC with bitrates that are around 770 or so, so not too high.  They have metadata there like artist and album and genre and song name.

Additionally, if you look in your controller's db directory there should be 4 db files (history, mm, pandora, playlist) but you might have others if you use Spotify, etc.  Anyway, mm.db is the SQL database for your media.  If you have a SQLlite reader, and I do, you can open this and view what's actually in the database.   I noted that the music files missing in Composer are there on the /media/net folder, but not in /db/mm.db

Now I gather then that in Composer you are viewing the tables in mm.db and not the directory media/net.

Thus the scanning problem is for me:

1) Subsequent to a scan copying songs from my NAS to the controller's media/net folder,  action to load media into the mm.db database from /media/net folder is not executing.

This could be a lock on a table or a driver or process as I don't see what process reads from media/net and inserts or deletes from mm.db

So I decided to open the mm.db and look at the tables and was able to get songs into Composer that way.

You need to insert rows into the tables of album, song, album_song,and song_docs.  Triggers take care of other tables.

Be careful that you exactly match the location of the file on Media/Net to the folder location of the song.   It has to start with the folder name below your NFS source name name in the directory structure of media/net/source_name/THIS FOLDER!

E.g. mine were in Lossless folder so my locations have to be "Lossless/..."  You can be guided by the existing rows in album_song.

Archived