C4 Forums | Control4

Media Scan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy I have wasted so much time on this its stupid. Whats the point ? This use to work like a charm and we get updates that screw this stuff up.My Composer says there are 50 driver updates available for my controller. dealer says I am up to date.

My announcement I have 16 files for announcement and no matter what I do they show up under Control4 apps / audio/announcements  = 16 tracks under Control4 apps / media / video media/announcements/ (artist) Media /624 tracks ............these are all the same 16 tracks repeated to the tune of 624 tracks

Cant delete them from Control4 app.

Why even bother trying to scan the Nas.

I spent 1 hour on phone and connected remotely with my dealer and spent all that time trying to make the NAS behave when frankly I think the issue is at the controller and C4 software.

This is also getting expensive oh well as long as I can still control the lights I guess.

Sorry for rant and thanks to those who have tried to help me out its just this is not making sense to me anymore.

Cheers

What would happen if you ran composer he 2.91 and tried to connect those network drives again?  Don't change any programming or do anything else. I'm wondering if this is a composer software issue or a controller OS issue.  If that works, maybe try a media scan.

Backup your project first :)

21 minutes ago, dcovach said:

What would happen if you ran composer he 2.91 and tried to connect those network drives again?  Don't change any programming or do anything else. I'm wondering if this is a composer software issue or a controller OS issue.  If that works, maybe try a media scan.

Backup your project first :)

Unfortunately cant download 2.9

14 hours ago, prabeau said:

Still cant scan the only improvement is that 50 driver updates  not showing.

I doubt you need 50 drivers to be updated but it's possible some of them need to be manually done.  This could be related to your problem.  It can take up to a couple of minutes to see which ones need it, followed by a reboot after. Some can be selected for automatic updates.

5 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I doubt you need 50 drivers to be updated but it's possible some of them need to be manually done.  This could be related to your problem.  It can take up to a couple of minutes to see which ones need it, followed by a reboot after. Some can be selected for automatic updates.

I have auto update and my dealer shows all up to date when connected to my system.

This still leaves me with a few questions to say the least ! 

One thing I found in Composer (not Composer HE) Go to Tools on the menu bar for System Diagnostics.

Last tab is logging.  The last button is View Destination which opens Explorer (assuming your on a Windows machine) and you'll be in Network > IP of your Controller > log > debug directory.

Click on the IP of your Controller to back up to Media > Net and from there you can see all your audio.  Mine is from a NAS with Lossless and Lossy folders and you can put music there if your scan isn't working so well.

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, prabeau said:

I have auto update and my dealer shows all up to date when connected to my system.

This still leaves me with a few questions to say the least ! 

I would not worry about it saying drivers need updating when you logon with HE we have 48, however when my dealer came over to update

us to 2.10.2 he showed me that everything was up to date and updated the DS2 while I watch.

Looks like its a bug on HE

4 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I would not worry about it saying drivers need updating when you logon with HE we have 48, however when my dealer came over to update

us to 2.10.2 he showed me that everything was up to date and updated the DS2 while I watch.

Looks like its a bug on HE

Thanks .

I don't think it's not the only bug !

On 6/1/2018 at 11:22 AM, Destroyer of Worlds said:

I've been having some sort of limit issue with songs on my NAS.  I created a CIFs/Samba share on my FreeNAS and gave the C4 controller access by it's IP address.  Initial scan back in October populated my media for "My Music".

I can setup playlists and drag any song into that and I can play that in my C4 app.

However, any new songs I add via Composer, while they do get moved into my FreeNAS share correctly (verified by Explorer), don't show in Composer and if you cannot see them, you cannot make them into a playlist.

Now on 2.10.2 and the problem persists.

I've asked my dealer for months to move over to NFS from Samba (much cleaner, more secure, less memory intensive) and my dealer is non responsive.

Is there a driver that supports NFS? I too have been trying to get my network share to work. I was told C4 only supports SMB file sharing. I even looked into using the C4 command line to connect.

Would switching to DLNA be an option to solve some of these problems and offer maybe a better solution long term? I'm actually asking because I understand that DLNA might be more performant does not required a scan etc. Maybe I'm  wrong?

28 minutes ago, Pounce said:

Would switching to DLNA be an option to solve some of these problems and offer maybe a better solution long term? I'm actually asking because I understand that DLNA might be more performant does not required a scan etc. Maybe I'm  wrong?

You are correct. Dlna is 100000% better

Archived