C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy RS485 RTS Trans

is there a difference between the Domo driver and the C4 ones?  I do not mind paying for a 3rd party driver if it offers something extra than the native C4 driver?  I am looking at several options and AVOutlet recommended this model: https://www.avoutlet.com/window-treatments/shade-components/motorized/motors/somfy-1000658-st30-rs485/

That is RS485 not RTS485 - same thing?  The email I got mentioned the RS485 were hardwired for control, so what else would be needed?

20 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

is there a difference between the Domo driver and the C4 ones?  I do not mind paying for a 3rd party driver if it offers something extra than the native C4 driver?  I am looking at several options and AVOutlet recommended this model: https://www.avoutlet.com/window-treatments/shade-components/motorized/motors/somfy-1000658-st30-rs485/

That is RS485 not RTS485 - same thing?  The email I got mentioned the RS485 were hardwired for control, so what else would be needed?

I've only used the native driver and it works fine but I'd be curious as to what the experience is with the Domo driver.

17 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I've only used the native driver and it works fine but I'd be curious as to what the experience is with the Domo driver.

thanks

is RS485 same as RTS485?

too many choices.  For 1 room where I need something custom and exact, I'll bring in a Q Motion dealer to measure/install.  For the other areas where measurements are not as critical I can likely hack it myself.  Question is do I do something via Lowes/Home Depot and Bali, and they will measure and install and its fairly cheap, or try to shave a few more bucks and go AVOutlet but then I need to measure and install on my own.  People say run wires, but some of the Somfy ones are regular 120v power while some others can work on 18/2, then some may need an RS485 signal and I think ethernet was suggested for those?  so not as easy as "run wire and figure it out later" since it doesnt seem the wiring is standard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi sasaireh, how are you?

I use the RTS Serial Interface (Name driver in composer is blind_232_somfyrts_tx.c4i) and when i done the physical connection i used the rs485 - rs232 converter interface.

The driver name for each curtain (individual curtain or group in remote control) is ASAY Somfy Blind, if you need the driver i post here in attach file.
(somfy_blind.c4i)

This is using the Somfy RTS Interface.

Driver Somfy.zip

Archived