C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa volume control

I am using both the epic driver and C4's Alexa integration.

To do volume control I say "Alexa - increase the volume in the lounge"

Alexa does her thing and I see the ir bug on my reciever send a signal, but it does not repeat enough to actually change the volume.

How can I have this Alexa command run - perhaps repeat 5 times to actually make a difference with the volume??

note: this command is using the C4 control - not the epic driver.

Cheers.

Went to try and apply some of the knowledge acquired from this post and a couple of others and found that my Epic Driver is not what it use to be.

All my programming is working and Alexa is behaving but since I updated the driver I no longer see the "Amazon Echo" set value in the Actions pane !

Any ideas.

Thanks

Please make sure you update to version 180 of the driver. We had to fix an issue which was introduced recently that affected the UP DOWN and SET events.

You will need to be running c4 version 2.10 for version 180 of the driver to work as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 8/25/2018 at 8:08 AM, chopedogg88 said:

Can he try updating you to 2.10.3 please?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm on C4 V 2.9.1 and cannot upgrade due to using an HC300 for multiple connections.

Will you be fixing the issue with the epic driver so I can continue to use it? - please  - its a great driver!

I have reloaded HE still on 2.10.2 

All seems normal with HE now.

However my volume control is IR controlled and no matter what I try controlling the volume of My Sound System (Pioneer) seems hopeless.

The best I was able to accomplish was to get Alexa to Set Volume 40 and it only works if it lowers the volume.

Any other request higher or lower is like talking to the wall.

The SR250 does the job as always.

Thanks

2 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

I'm on C4 V 2.9.1 and cannot upgrade due to using an HC300 for multiple connections.

Will you be fixing the issue with the epic driver so I can continue to use it? - please  - its a great driver!

First off, thank you for the compliments on our driver.  Unfortunately we can't (and don't) guarantee our driver to work on every version of Control4, due to situations which present themselves which are completely out of our control (and in the hands of others such as Amazon, Control4, etc).  We do our best to attempt to...but in this case it doesn't make business or technical sense to do so.  I'm pretty sure that you can use the driver from Annex4 to continue to use your HC300 for I/O, and upgrade your system to 2.10+.  As I stated in my private email to you - I would recommend that you do that not only for the sake of using our latest driver, but for the many other improvements that you will benefit from!  Another option is to replace your HC300 with a newer controller of course...perhaps an HC-250 which can be purchased second hand for a very reasonable amount of money...especially one which doesn't carry the MyHome Site licenses.

Anyone have one they want to sell to Bruce?

1 hour ago, prabeau said:

I have reloaded HE still on 2.10.2 

All seems normal with HE now.

However my volume control is IR controlled and no matter what I try controlling the volume of My Sound System (Pioneer) seems hopeless.

The best I was able to accomplish was to get Alexa to Set Volume 40 and it only works if it lowers the volume.

Any other request higher or lower is like talking to the wall.

The SR250 does the job as always.

Thanks

I'm happy to look at your system, and even update you to 2.10.3 tonight if you'd like (for free), to see if that fixes your issues with our driver.

Now on 2.10.3 

All I am able to get regards volume is "40"

Volume manually set to 50, all that I can get from Alexa is 40

If volume is 30 all I can get is 40.

40 Seems like the only setting accepted.

Thank you Ari.

The up and down works perfect and really its all I need.

Spoke too soon it did work for a few minutes but now only accepts request for down not up.When I executes commands in composer both work.

The "TV UP " I get TV does not support That

Working on it 

Paul  

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, chopedogg88 said:

Is it working now?  In Composer HE you can right-click on the driver and choose "Info"..to see the version number.

I'm getting the same error message when I right click on info. Is there another way to check that it was updated?

Archived