C4 Forums | Control4

Replacement of C4 (Very Generic)

Hi, 

From a year ago / months, I had problems with my C4 equipment where it just became unresponsive and usable. At the same time I decided to upgrade to a new 4k TV with Sky Q. 

Trying almost every week to contact the C4 dealer who installed and config the equipment when I moved in, I got no where and couldn't get them to come over to install TV / Sky Q to the Control 4 Box, in my frustration I took the connections out of the TV and AVR.. and began happily watching TV again :D 

Here lies the problem, the C4 controlled the project and Project screen that came down from the ceiling and now in my more calmer state have realised that I want to use the projector to watch films, however I do not want to use C4, all cabling exists into the C4 Box just not connected to TV / internet, is there anyway I can control it manually i.e. I have remote for Pojector to turn on but it wont come down from ceiling and neither will projector screen ? or replace with something more friendly to me without the cost and going to a dealer? 

Granted I haven't given you too much information on the equipment I have, but really I don't want to use C4 anymore. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Considering you already have all the equipment which you have already paid for I would first advise in paying and getting it running again. A couple of days labour  to do so, i doubt is much compared to the cost of the equipment. There is also an awesome Sky Q Driver out now. 

If your projector has a motorised mount there is likely another small remote you should have which will lower it from the ceiling. You will then have to use the projector remote you have to turn on the projector. You will then need a third remote to lower the screen. 

Without knowing more about what setup you have with regards to HDMI distribution / IR Pass through / Local sources its difficult to say much more.  

From what you have described, Unless you want to use 5-7 remotes to watch tv, you are going to need a control system. While it may not beC4, it will need to be a professionally installed system as this would be a very involved DIY project, if it is even doable - I’m guessing the PJ lift is triggered by a contact closure, not controlled via IR and possibly same for the screen. DIY systems aren’t capable of that AFAIK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a litttle involved to do it yourself, but you can consider finding a cheaper Av company to look at the equipment/wiring and tell you what your options are. Usually projector lifts could be also triggered from the projector itself when it turns on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

Where are you based in the UK? Sounds like you just need a better dealer to take-over project a program it properly

Based in the West Midlands... really disappointed with current dealer just didn’t want to know.. but yet on social media posting new and wondering (expensive) new instals.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:28 AM, C4newbieuk said:

Hi, 

From a year ago / months, I had problems with my C4 equipment where it just became unresponsive and usable. At the same time I decided to upgrade to a new 4k TV with Sky Q. 

Trying almost every week to contact the C4 dealer who installed and config the equipment when I moved in, I got no where and couldn't get them to come over to install TV / Sky Q to the Control 4 Box, in my frustration I took the connections out of the TV and AVR.. and began happily watching TV again :D 

Here lies the problem, the C4 controlled the project and Project screen that came down from the ceiling and now in my more calmer state have realised that I want to use the projector to watch films, however I do not want to use C4, all cabling exists into the C4 Box just not connected to TV / internet, is there anyway I can control it manually i.e. I have remote for Pojector to turn on but it wont come down from ceiling and neither will projector screen ? or replace with something more friendly to me without the cost and going to a dealer? 

Granted I haven't given you too much information on the equipment I have, but really I don't want to use C4 anymore. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

What is your location in UK

2 minutes ago, hank31980 said:

What is your location in UK

Sorry, I can see you have stated West Midlands. I am based in South Cheshire and could maybe come out and take a look, see what is issue/what can be done either way. Let me know if of interest.

Archived