C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless, noise canceling headphones

thecodeman

So I'm looking for a pair of wireless, noise canceling headphones.

Something like the VIZIO XVTHP200, but I dont need the dock part. It should at least have stereo audio in, the optical is nice but I'm not sure how much better it is than stereo without real world listening.

Anyone have any experience with the Vizio or suggestions of others like Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica, etc?

So I'm looking for a pair of wireless, noise canceling headphones.

Something like the VIZIO XVTHP200, but I dont need the dock part. It should at least have stereo audio in, the optical is nice but I'm not sure how much better it is than stereo without real world listening.

Anyone have any experience with the Vizio or suggestions of others like Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica, etc?

All my on air peeps use Sennheiser...except for one unnamed overly difficult Jock in LA that uses Apple headphones.

^Good luck. Blue Tooth is not going to be a long-range solution. I looked for a little bit and found that although audio quality doesn't keep-up with cost, I still spent the most I could on the 550. I will use these on the plane mostly.

I have the Sennheiser and they work great. they need to be line of site and real close to the base though (15 feet) the transmitter charges the phones when you place them on it.

It has a stero input

Do you have the RS 220?

Well, it wont be much more than 15' but it could be non-line of sight. Worst case is I could try out a pair and see how it works. Thanks for the input guys.

The 550x is advertised at 33ft range. With anything else, you could cobble-in a directional antenna with gain if this is for a fixed install. I've got a spare 1000mW amplifier for that band sitting here on my desk- that would certainly kick booty.

Yes, the amp I have will cover 2400~2500 MHz. You would still need to bust-into the antenna circuit on the PCB and solder-in a N connector or a BNC for the 200 series coax out to the amp. I guarantee this set-up will remove hair from the head of anyone standing in the path.

I have a version of this amp and a yagi distributing USB all over the house. You could come in the front door, plug-in a camera stick and then go up on the second floor and mouse through the pictures.

First, I'm not an audiophile, I just like music. Sound Quality at 50' is great. I did a quick test tonight and from the 2nd floor MBR to basement on opposite side of house I didn't have any noticeable loss of quality. (1927 brick, lath and plaster). BL: they work great for me. -Paul

Archived