C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody logs me out after every time I use it

I am having a problem with Rhapsody where it logs me out every time I use it and sometimes when I'm just changing channels. Anyone else have this problem? The dealer says that this is just known issue and C4 is working on it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Frisco - Central Texas here,

I also have Rhapsody issues - not every time though - what happens to me is that the system will stop playing - if I change what I am listening to and it has happened while I am listening the audio will simply go away - when I look at the account the account information is gone - if I put it back then everything is fine and the audio is back.

Other than this issue Rhapsody is quite good - no idea why the account keeps going away though.

There is an error message on the screen that indicates that Rhapsody encountered an unknown error.

Bill

Bill

That is exactly the same issue that I am seeing. Does anyone have a solution to this? I have rebooted the controller several time to no avail.

My suspicion is that it is NEW. The reason that I say this was that we had the issue the day that we upgraded to the newest version of C4 and have had it periodically ever since. It hits SOME ERROR in the stream and simply bows chunks and wipes out the entire account in C4. Keying it back in is all that is required - but for obvious reasons that is a real pain.

Bill

^On 2.2 and no problems. Yeah, could be new as I have never had account info or chronic connectivity probs. Sure, the internet doesn't cooperate all the time thus throwing error mssgs. You guys have the same dealer :)?

I am having a problem with Rhapsody where it logs me out every time I use it and sometimes when I'm just changing channels. Anyone else have this problem? The dealer says that this is just known issue and C4 is working on it.

Are you on 2.2? We are not seeing this problem in our house or neighborhood.

^On 2.2 and no problems. Yeah, could be new as I have never had account info or chronic connectivity probs. Sure, the internet doesn't cooperate all the time thus throwing error mssgs. You guys have the same dealer :)?

No - guaranteed not the same dealer.

It has happened to me now about six times. Frustrating each time as it takes me a while to realize that I need to re-enter the account information. (Slow learner)

Bill

No. Not the same dealer. I am running 2.2. Do you think it would make a difference if I close my Rhapsody account and open a new one?

That did not work for me.

Do you use this account on any other device other than C4?

Bill

When Rhapsody logs you out, are you logging into Rhapsody through a specific UI to gain access back?

^Wouldn't matter much if he has the $10/mo service. Even at $5/mo, it doesn't null-out those fields on 2.2...

I have the ten dollar a month service and notice that if I listen on my phone and the house is on it will log the house off.

Bill

When Rhapsody logs you out' date=' are you logging into Rhapsody through a specific UI to gain access back?[/quote']

I have to put the account back in C4 and then all is fine.

Bill

^Wouldn't matter much if he has the $10/mo service. Even at $5/mo' date=' it doesn't null-out those fields on 2.2...[/quote']

I have the ten dollar a month service and notice that if I listen on my phone and the house is on it will log the house off.

Bill

OK, sounds like a bug then. At $10 you should at least get multi-device usage but how about the other way around? Probably not huh. I mean, I doubt it wipes-out credentials on a PC if you fire-up app through C4...

^Wouldn't matter much if he has the $10/mo service. Even at $5/mo' date=' it doesn't null-out those fields on 2.2...[/quote']

Bill

OK, sounds like a bug then. At $10 you should at least get multi-device usage but how about the other way around? Probably not huh. I mean, I doubt it wipes-out credentials on a PC if you fire-up app through C4...

I never have an issue on my phone - the only issue seems to happen in C4.

Bill

Call it a bug then. Who knows? Maybe Control4 should consider expanding the beta test sample group. It seems that every rev I've been on has had some strange nuance about it that no dealer has seen or vice versa.

I logged in to Rhapsody using their PC client software today (much easier to edit playlists from there) and I am experience the same thing as you are TexasBill. I just went to play music through C4 and I had to input my login credentials before it would work.

Edit - I'm also on the $10/month plan

I logged in to Rhapsody using their PC client software today (much easier to edit playlists from there) and I am experience the same thing as you are TexasBill. I just went to play music through C4 and I had to input my login credentials before it would work.

Edit - I'm also on the $10/month plan

I noticed that Rhapsody pushed out a new iPHONE app yesterday that had "bug fixes" in it. I am wondering if there is anything that I need to download in C4 to upgrade anything there for Rhapsody? They mentioned error conditions in the app.

Bill

I just confirmed that I am running 2.1.4. Checking to see if anyone has been logging in to other devices with my Rhapsody account.

Ps. My controllers were installed only 3 weeks ago. Why would I not have the newest (2.2) software?

More infomration - this is happening more and more as I use my iPAD to control Rhapsody. As I load the program Rhapsody hits a "click" and then frequently I am toast - the "dance" that I have to do is

Click on ACTIVATE and then SAVE and this usually makes it work again IF I click on the next song on the iPAD or any keypad.

SOMETIMES the account is simply gone and I have to put it back.

Sometimes I have to DELETE The account and put it back - in these cases activation times out.

There is SOMETHING wrong with the communication between C4 and Rhapsody.

Bill

Archived