C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody logs me out after every time I use it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else on here use playlists that you have created in Rhapsody? As of yesterday I am have been unable to load any of the playlists I created...they show up on my ipad/iphone/TCs like they should under My Rhapsody - Playlists, however when I try to play one nothing happens. My rhapsody channels are working but I have spent a good bit of time setting up custom playlists and would like to be able to listen to them.

Does anyone else on here use playlists that you have created in Rhapsody? As of yesterday I am have been unable to load any of the playlists I created...they show up on my ipad/iphone/TCs like they should under My Rhapsody - Playlists, however when I try to play one nothing happens. My rhapsody channels are working but I have spent a good bit of time setting up custom playlists and would like to be able to listen to them.

Have your dealer remove and put back your account- it will work again.

^Huh? Account Properties is the same whether it's in CP or CHE. Do you mean deinstall and reinstall the Rhapsody agent?

I did not know if he knew how to do that -

When his symptoms happen to me I simply do the following dance until it works:

1. if the account is gone - then put it back and change the song that is playing in the list to the next song and it works

2. authenticate the account - then change the song - if the authentication takes more than 3-5 seconds it is hung.

2. if the account is still there then delete teh account and put it back and then change the song that is playing n the play list and it work

This is a CONSTANT dance and it will happen when you are simply playing a playlist - you will hear a "click" and you can no longer hear the song. The play list is still there, all your audio zones are still there - nothing is wrong BUT - you cannot hear it any more.

Bill

^Question for your dealer. My experience has been you would do well to request rather than assume you will get the latest & greatest.

I agree. What is the difference in software 2.1.4- 2.2? Anything major?

^Question for your dealer. My experience has been you would do well to request rather than assume you will get the latest & greatest.

Bug fixes, mostly. 2.2 adds support for new hardware as well (hc800). I would recommend the update.

Bug fixes' date=' mostly. 2.2 adds support for new hardware as well (hc800). I would recommend the update.[/quote']

However... It should be noted that 2.2 does NOT fix the bug being talked about in this thread.

Bill

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get my rhapsody back working with no luck. I was able to play a few playlists that I created, however I'm clueless as to why they only work sometimes. At this point I am thinking I'll just go back to using my music server and cancel rhapsody even though I have really enjoyed it while it was working...

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get my rhapsody back working with no luck. I was able to play a few playlists that I created, however I'm clueless as to why they only work sometimes. At this point I am thinking I'll just go back to using my music server and cancel rhapsody even though I have really enjoyed it while it was working...

My playlists show up under my music. It looks like it stores the playlists on my 1000. I could be wrong but all is working. Not sure why it would work in some areas and not others.

Bug fixes' date=' mostly. 2.2 adds support for new hardware as well (hc800). I would recommend the update.[/quote']

However... It should be noted that 2.2 does NOT fix the bug being talked about in this thread.

Bill

Correct, I believe this is something Control4 is trying to nail down as not all systems are experiencing it. Those of you that are, I would encourage you to get your dealer involved to call into support so they can take a look/get logs/etc and get a patch developed if that's what's needed.

Bill

Correct, I believe this is something Control4 is trying to nail down as not all systems are experiencing it. Those of you that are, I would encourage you to get your dealer involved to call into support so they can take a look/get logs/etc and get a patch developed if that's what's needed.

It's actually a Rhapsody issue, per the dealer forums.

Bill

Correct' date=' I believe this is something Control4 is trying to nail down as not all systems are experiencing it. Those of you that are, I would encourage you to get your dealer involved to call into support so they can take a look/get logs/etc and get a patch developed if that's what's needed.[/quote']

It's actually a Rhapsody issue, per the dealer forums.

Now we wait for them to fix it.

I received an e-mail from my dealer yesterday. He said Control4 is aware of a problem and that supposedly Rhapsody made some changes in their system that causes random and intermittent issues.

If this is true why isn't everyone using C4 and Rhapsody experiencing the same issue? For me it is not random or intermittent. It happens every single time I open it and sometimes in the middle of a song.

I received an e-mail from my dealer yesterday. He said Control4 is aware of a problem and that supposedly Rhapsody made some changes in their system that causes random and intermittent issues.

If this is true why isn't everyone using C4 and Rhapsody experiencing the same issue? For me it is not random or intermittent. It happens every single time I open it and sometimes in the middle of a song.

For the same type of reason everyone doesn't experience every Windows software bug on their Windows installation.

Yeah, not always black & white. If you've ever written code for the masses, you quickly find that someone's install is a bit different than the rest that causes unforeseen issues. I'm just glad I'm not in that bunch as I've done my time in the barrel already with Control4 glitches.

• 1 month later...

Bill

I was able to get this issue fixed by replacing the router. I was using a D-link WBR-2310 (not recommended by C4) and replaced it with a Netgear WNDR4500. I was also having trouble accessing my.control4.com wth the old router as well. Now all is good.

Bill

I was able to get this issue fixed by replacing the router. I was using a D-link WBR-2310 (not recommended by C4) and replaced it with a Netgear WNDR4500. I was also having trouble accessing my.control4.com wth the old router as well. Now all is good.

You also updated to 2.2.1, which has some fixes for Rhapsody.

Bill

You also updated to 2.2.1' date=' which has some fixes for Rhapsody.[/quote']

Thanks again for all your help Cody!!

Archived