C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE 2.2 Error

meyerder

I am somewhat new to C4 in general but wanted to look around. Initially I downloaded the 2.1 HE and it worked but had the dreamed this project is locked issue

After a few google searches I found out that this was a known bug and to use 2.2

Once I installed 2.2 I was able to see my HC300 (One of the two) but when attempting to connect to it I get the following. This one I have been unable to find a response on how to resolve yet. I will be rebooting the master controler here in a bit to see if it resolves it but I feel it may be something to do with the removal of 2.1 and upgrade to 2.2

Thanks

Exception: System.ArgumentNullException

Parameter name: buffer

Source: mscorlib

at System.Security.Cryptography.HashAlgorithm.ComputeHash(Byte[] buffer)

at Control4.Client.Controller.PerformChallengeResponse()

at Control4.Client.C4System.ConnectToController(String ipAddress, String filename, String systemPassword)

at Control4.Client.C4System.ConnectToController(String ipAddress, Int32 port, String filename, Boolean useSsl, String systemPassword)

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.ConnectToController(String uuid, String ipAddress, Int32 port, String filename, String username, String password, Boolean useSsl)

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.ConnectToController(String uuid, String ipAddress, String username, String password)

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.ConnectToLocalController()

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.ShowStartup()

at Control4.Designer.DesignerForm.ShowStartupOnFirstRun()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Are OS upgrades free?

2.0 required a license, and there were some controllers that included a license (prior to 2.0...they all include it now if they run director).

All upgrade before and after that are free, aside from paying the dealers labor to perform the upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...
Are OS upgrades free?

2.0 required a license' date=' and there were some controllers that included a license (prior to 2.0...they all include it now if they run director).

All upgrade before and after that are free, aside from paying the dealers labor to perform the upgrade.[/quote']

So all future upgrades to 3.0, 4.0, etc will be free?

Are OS upgrades free?

2.0 required a license' date=' and there were some controllers that included a license (prior to 2.0...they all include it now if they run director).

All upgrade before and after that are free, aside from paying the dealers labor to perform the upgrade.[/quote']

So all future upgrades to 3.0, 4.0, etc will be free?

zaphod, my crystal ball isn't working at present, but if I get it fixed and look into the future of Control4 I'll proudly share that information.

At this point I have no idea what their plans are, and probably WILL NOT know what they are until you do.

Archived