C4 Forums | Control4

2.2.1 released, here's some highlights from the bug fixes

thecodeman

Hardware Support - HC-250

Software Improvements:

7” Portable Touch Screen with Camera

Better video intercom experience when using WiFi.

Changed default power savings mode to Backlight Off after three ( 3) minutes in order

to better enable the Touch Screen to be an i ntercom endpoint.

Implemented changes in Navigator and Director to allow the 7” Portable Touch Screen

to more seamlessly reconnect after being suspended for more than 20 minutes.

DLNA

Removed the ability to enable DLNA within the project. This capability was provided as

part of the “experimental” support for DLNA with OS 2.1. If a project has DLNA

enabled, it will be automatically disabled when updated to OS 2.2.1. This resolves

problems with media scanning not working properly when DLNA was enabled.

Electronic Gate (sensor) driver

Added a driver for Electronic Gates that has a sensor binding to provide the state of the

gate and a pulse- only relay binding for actuating the gate. (Works like the Garage Door does now)

HC- 800 Controller

Various IR fixes , patch no longer needed

Added support for serial devices at 1200 baud.

Improved clock synchronization performance to resolve problem with occasional SSL

errors when connecting from Composer.

Intercom

Intercom programming support has now been provided for the upcoming 5” and 7” In -Wall Touch Screens with cameras

New intercom functionality has been implemented in preparation for the upcoming Door

Station hardware release.

Jandy Pool Controller driver

Implemented a timer within the driver to ensure that the temperature reported from the

Pool Controller is synchronized periodically with the user interface.

Languages

New: Greek

New: Japanese

New: Swiss German

List Navigator

If List Navigator on SR- 250 doesn’t populate but the SR - 250 is controlling the On -

Screen Navigator, remove the battery to reboot the remote. The cause of this defect

has been corrected for future updates and system restarts.

Navigator – Flash- based

Added the ability to select a 24- hour time display (set in Composer, main Properties

page).

Corrected a problem with bookmarks not working correctly for accessing the pool

control interface.

When playing a Playlist containing Rhapsody tracks that are no longer available from

Rhapsody, the Navigator will now display <Not Available> in the queue listing. If we

can get the track name, it will be displayed with <Not Playable>.

Corrected a problem with losing focus navigating the IP Camera interface using the

On- Screen Navigator interface and bookmarks.

Improved the Queue interface to better retain focus when loading large playlists.

Improved the alpha search capability in My Albums so that it works properly even if

there are database entries that don’t fit into the alpha map.

Thermostat

Updated the firmware to resolve a problem with the heat Stage 2 not properly engaging

with Stage 1 and auxiliary when engage deltas are set.

If you're experiencing any issues on 2.x, contact your dealer for information about an upgrade.

You'll need to be on this release for the HC250 controller, and from the looks of it the upcoming door station and new on-wall (InfinityEdge) touchpanels with cameras.

Sure. My wife speaks Greek. Can I mess with her and change the language on the TSs before she gets home today?

I don't know if you can set it from CHE, haven't had to change languages yet - but I know it requires a reboot.

I'm at the office, but the update is running right now. I'll let you know if it's easy to change the language.

My kids put the damn Wii in Korean or something...I think it's still that way. As long as it doesn't change the way Composer looks I'm down to play a little joke too!

Dan, do you still have 1G portables in your mix?

The 7" of the 10.5"? I don't have any 10.5's any more, but I do have an original portable 7". I don't think it's powered up at present...that room has been partially dismantled in preparation for the move and I'm pretty sure this is sitting in a box.

Why, what's up?

Sure. My wife speaks Greek. Can I mess with her and change the language on the TSs before she gets home today?

I don't know if you can set it from CHE' date=' haven't had to change languages yet - but I know it requires a reboot.[/quote']

Reboot, as in power-cycle your director. Interestingly though, switching back to the original language does not require this.

As long as it doesn't change the way Composer looks I'm down to play a little joke too!

Nope. Composer is not internationalized.

RyanE

Well, I just changed it to Mandarin. Let's see how long it takes for my wife to call =)

• 2 weeks later...
DLNA

Removed the ability to enable DLNA within the project. This capability was provided as

part of the “experimental” support for DLNA with OS 2.1. If a project has DLNA

enabled, it will be automatically disabled when updated to OS 2.2.1. This resolves

problems with media scanning not working properly when DLNA was enabled.

Any chance DLNA will be brought back in? I would love to see broader support for local network content playback.

I'm sure it'll go back in when it's baked a bit more.

RyanE

I'm wondering if disabling DLNA resolves this issue I have on 2.2, where despite what shares I select to scan, it only scans the orginal share that was setup first, which is the whole NAS. Thus cannot have a kids only share, because nothing gets populated into it, and it is a pain because a scan needs to run overnight, rather than just scanning a few movies quickly.

If so, will it require an upgrade or do I just disable DLNA.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=94505#p94505

As I don't have an iPort hooked up, and don't own any Apple products, I'm unaware of any issue with the iPort functionality.

Sorry.

RyanE

it has been assigned to a engineer to fix.......has it been fixed?

• 2 months later...

How long should this upgrade take (from 2.1 to 2.2). I let composer (2.1) do an automatic upgrade. After about 15 mins i get "SWF Files For Navigator has no update information" followed by "Attempt to fix system installation failed".

Now the HC300 has two flashing lights. Been doing that for about 30 mins. Do I let it carry on, or have I just bricked my system.

Archived