C4 Forums | Control4

Control4/Security Systems

mduerden

it should be noted that the ge concord integration with control4 is not seamless for an END USER. It appears that the fault lies with the ge serial interface and not control4. some of the issues i've noticed in relation to having a mts is:

1) no bypass button;

2) no specific disarm button (but you can still disarm by pressing a number and then your code);

3) cannot disarm if you've set the alarm to silently alarm (5+3);

4) it takes a few steps to get to the alarm menu when the alarm is counting down...

5) no dedicated buttons for calling police, fire, etc.

I only have 1 mts in place of a dedicated alarm keypad. If I had to do it over again, I would have kept the alarm keypad by the door and put the mts somewhere else.

tum

• 4 months later...

It seems like alot of people here use the GE concord. We are new to control 4 and has anyone used the VISTA 128 FBP with the seiral interface module?

I would like to know how this works with Control 4. The reason is this panel we use with AMX. Our company does not install security, but we have a security partner that we work with and we pass leads to one another. So if they go into a clients house and are a client who wants automation they will spec in the proper haedware before i ever talk to the client.

features I am looking to support are

ARM

DISARM

BYPASS ZONES

ZONE STATUS FEEDBACK

SUPPORTS MULTIPLY PARTITIONS WITH SAME CONTROL FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS AS MAIN PARTITION

POLICE PANIC BUTTON

FIRE PANIC BUTTON

MEDICAL PANIC

• 5 months later...

I see there were no plans to integrate napco. Unfortunately my other house has a local monitoring company that is a napco dealer, and the current panel is a gemini. They have recently released a new panel called the x255:

http://www.napcosecurity.com/gemx255.html

It looks pretty nice with RS232 and secondary paging. Has anyone integrated one of these and/or does a driver exist?

No driver exists for any Napco panels at the moment.

There are also no plans on the current roadmap for Control4 to develop in the near future drivers for additional panels.

Sophisticated dealers could create their own two-way security drivers using DriverWorks, but not all dealers are going to have that experience.

RyanE

• 6 years later...

? Control4 becomes an interface for security. Control4 is and should not be considered in and by itself a security system.

If you so desire you can have your system notify you, or family and friends etc, if there is a problem. However Control4 (the company) or their dealers do NOT in any way MONITOR your security, do not dispatch police, fire departments and so on.

Now, you NEVER have to get your security panel monitored, but if that added protection is something you want - having your security system on Control4 does not in any way replace that.

I have a DSC alarm. I am not sure which model. I can bypass zones from my C4 Touchscreen and my dealer has programmed events that change when the Trouble status ends. I have never checked how the programming works (although my dealer is anti while loops, so I suspect he uses a timer that keeps resetting if the alarm is still in Trouble when the timer expires. I do know that I had to buy an extra driver to get decent functionality with my DSC. I also know that I have an IT-100. If need be I can check the DSC model number for you and how the programming has been set up in C4 over the weekend. Good luck!

What I really like about integrating your alarm with C4 is that you can add a one touch arming button to any keypad (I have this beside my bed), a panic button on any keypad (I use programming so that you have to hold the panic button for 2 seconds before the alarm goes off - keeps from accidental pressing), automaticly arm the alarm at, say 11 pm and disarm at 6 am (this means even if I forget to arm the system when I go to bed it is on every night!), have the TVs and TSs display all the CCTV for 10 minutes after the system goes in Trouble status, have the speakers (all around the house) say 'intruder alert' and turn all lights on except the bedroom lights for a few minutes after a Trouble event. C4 is great!

Archived