C4 Forums | Control4

Grace Digital Internet Tuner - Pandora and SiriusXM in C4

ExtraVeg

Grace Digital Tuner Pro

Those of you who visited CEDIA last year may remember we demonstrated the Grace Digital integration via their Tuner product. This is an internet media streamer in a standard HiFi component sized box that delivers Pandora, Sirius XM, 17,000+ Radio Stations and a whole lot more.

Services Supported

Pandora

SiriusXM Internet Radio

Over 17,000 world-wide real radio stations via Reciva (no subscription required)

iheartradio

Rhapsody

CBS Radio

MP3 Tunes

DAR.FM

Live365.com

The Tuner provides a single stream of any of the above services. For more than one stream simply add multiple Tuner Pros to the installation.

Driver Features

The driver on its own allows your customer to access any of the above services via any Control4 interface including the mobile Apps. Customers will require a subscription to any of the paid for services. All username and password set up is made on the Tuner Pro - so should a customer change any details an engineer visit is not required. The driver will automatically find any Grace Digital Tuner Pros on the network - no IP or MAC address entry is required.

Music services are presented in the now faimliar 'iPod Proxy' style which provides lists of all saved and available stations. No searching is possible with the driver alone. Now Playing information and cover art is displayed from both radio and music streaming sources.

Optional 4Store App

To take the Pandora integration one step further you can add the Pandonace (Pandora on Grace) 4Store App to your installation. Pandonace shows a list of all your saved Pandora stations, the Now Playing track AND provides a keyboard to allow the customer to add new Pandora stations to their library. It's a must for any Pandora fan. Like all 4Store Apps it runs exclusively on the Control4 native flash enabled interfaces. It looks great on the new 7" wireless touch panel. Once the Grace Digital driver is installed on a system you can then download the Pandonace App directly from the 4Store from any compatible device on the system. If you have multiple Tuner Pros in the project it allows you to select which tuner to control.

Pandonace will be available within the next few days from the 4Store - it is awaiting final approval.

Special Features

The driver allows you to create Control4 media favorites for Pandora, SiriusXM or Reciva radio stations. This enables these to then be used in Wake Up calls or programmed onto keypad buttons etc. You can also hide elements of the tuner's features. So for example if a customer does not have a SiriusXM account then you can hide SiriusXM from the Control4 interfaces.

Purchasing the Tuner Pro

The Tuner Pro can be purchased directly from Grace Digital.

Driver and App availablilty

The driver is available now from the Extra Vegetables website for dealer purchase. As usual one driver purchase covers as many Tuner Pros as you have in the project. Once installed on a Control4 system you can purchase and download the optional 4Store App from a user interface for $24.99 per installation.

Requirements

The driver requires Control4 OS 2.2 - it does not work with any other earlier version.

The driver requires the new Grace Digital Tuner Pro (Model GDI-IRTP800) - please contact us via our helpdesk if you have an earlier Grace Digital Tuner

The driver is not compatible with other Grace Digital Products.

The driver is suitable for both HC250 and HC800 controllers in line with the loading recomendations as published by Control4. The driver should be considered as a digital music device.

The standard Control4 'iPod style' interface for control is available on all Control4 interfaces.

The optional 4Store App will run on all varities of the 7" and 5" panels (wired and wireless), the OSD and 10" V2 products. No 4Store App can run on the iOS or Android platforms.

More details at http://www.extravegetables.com/products/grace-digital-tuner

• 5 months later...
If I buy this driver and the appropriate tuner, will the iHeartRadio stations show up under Radio like a regular tuner does?

That's important to me.

I want to say that it does, as the different services are tied to "Clouds" for media just like FM/XM/etc.

If I buy this driver and the appropriate tuner' date=' will the iHeartRadio stations show up under Radio like a regular tuner does?

That's important to me.[/quote']

I want to say that it does, as the different services are tied to "Clouds" for media just like FM/XM/etc.

Perfect. Thanks!

If I buy this driver and the appropriate tuner, will the iHeartRadio stations show up under Radio like a regular tuner does?

That's important to me.

Not directly, but you can have up to 10 favorite stations from any service on the tuner do that. You only get complete listing of Pandora and Sirius.

• 2 years later...

Archived