C4 Forums | Control4

anyone using the new Denon AVR-3313CI yet? does HDMI matrix!

c44me

This receiver offers true multi-zone HDMI A/V distribution with the inclusion of its HDMI matrix switching functionality. It has three HDMI outputs (two parallel and one discrete) so you can connect three HDMI equipped displays. You can send two different HDMI feeds at the same time directly from the receiver so that you won't need external switches or remote control complexity

SO - is anyone using it with any success? seems like it would be great solution and negate the need for a matrix switch (finally) in small install?

thanks!

I like this idea also... We would rarely want more than two sources playing, which appears to be a limitation, but i could use the 3rd hdmi and the single component out to connect upto my required 4 TVs.

Can I ask a dumb question of AV experts... I have 5.1 speaker setup and no tendency to run more cables. Can a 7.2 system like this be configured as a 5.1 system?

Can I ask a dumb question of AV experts... I have 5.1 speaker setup and no tendency to run more cables. Can a 7.2 system like this be configured as a 5.1 system?

Yes. I think you'll find, you can allocate the last pair of speakers either as part of the "7.2", or as a separate speaker zone... If you don't want the extra speaker zone, then don't wire any speaker cable into this last pair... (and set the receiver to 5.1).. At least that is the case for pretty much all these 7.2 receivers these days. As for the subs, not sure. Check the manual.

I think you'll find, you can allocate the last pair of speakers either as part of the "7.2", or as a separate speaker zone... If you don't want the extra speaker zone, then don't wire any speaker cable into this last pair... (and set the receiver to 5.1).. At least that is the case for pretty much all these 7.2 receivers these days. As for the subs, not sure. Check the manual.

This is correct for at least the Denon CI Level devices. You can use 5 Channels for Zone 1 and the other 2 channels for Zone 2. Unfortunately the subs can't be Zoned out.

I have the 3311 and overall it's decent except 2 MAJOR flaws.... One of them my friend discovered with his 3311 which forced him to go to the 4311.

1) at high volumes the 3311 will overheat and shut down. My friend was using Axiom 4 ohm speakers and couldn't push any volume for more than a minute or 2. The 4311 can handle it.

2) I have the Epson Pro Cinema 6010 3D projector with 3D. When attempting 3D through the Denon there was significant red artifact making it impossible to use without buying a DVDO unit to filter and boost the signal. Denon was less than helpful saying hook up a shorter HDMI cable (somehow I'm supposed to mount the receiver in the ceiling?!?!!). Customer service was total crap, ignorant, and couldn't understand how their receiver couldn't handle the 3D which now bypasses the Denon and goes straight to the projector.....

I gotta think that the product Q has gone done or the engineering has gotten dumber. I have a handful of 09s and one 10 and these things just take a royal beating and keep on keep'n on. Fortunately, not had to resort to making a phone call to Denon and wouldn't bother frankly.

^

Yes. I think you'll find' date=' you can allocate the last pair of speakers either as part of the "7.2", or as a separate speaker zone... If you don't want the extra speaker zone, then don't wire any speaker cable into this last pair... (and set the receiver to 5.1).. At least that is the case for pretty much all these 7.2 receivers these days. As for the subs, not sure. Check the manual.[/quote']

Really?

Archived